The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on Steering Wheel Choice

SPG

Basically I'm looking for some help with a decision on which steering wheel to run in my Project Supra.

The opinion that I have to play with from the wheels I own are as follow.

Option 1: OEM Carbon Fibre wheel (airbag)

Option 2: Red Genuine TRD Steering wheel (airbag)

Option 3: Same as option two but retrimmed to match the rest of the interior.

Option 4: Momo Gotham leather and alcantara (non airbag, removable) wheel.

The car will be OEM in looks with the emphasis on weight saving and hopefully some track action, but mainly used as my ideal street machine. Colour is Quicksilver is this helps.

Regards

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Option 1 or 3 in my opinion :)

Stock look all the way for me. With you doing some track work, I hear the TRD has a nice chunky feel to it.

This is the sort I feedback I was hoping for Chaps. Thanks mate, really handy to know what other have experienced.

I like the carbon fibre one. Personally I'd be keeping the airbag too, just in case! If you crash and haven't told your insurers you've removed it I bet they'd not pay out.

I agree with you Gaz, the airbag does need to stay for those purposes, I suppose I knew this subconsciously whilst purchasing both airbag models, good info

1 or 3 in my view.

I'm yet to fit my carbon fibre wheel so I'm not convinced yet, TRD wheel re trimmed to match the interior is a winner to me :)

You got one too?! Am I the only one who doesn't?! :blink:

Please bring it to the 20th anniversary meet so then I can have a look... then take it home with me, thanking you Adam :D

Go TRD & sell me the carbon one!! Can't believe you snapped it up just as I saw it come up you wheel whore!! :D

I Wheely couldn't help my self Abzy, although my fleet reduction means that this along with other things will be available (House Deposit). You will be the first to know about the wheel :thumbs:

Thanks for the opinions Guys, keep them coming please :thumbs:

You got one too?! Am I the only one who doesn't?! :blink:

Please bring it to the 20th anniversary meet so then I can have a look... then take it home with me, thanking you Adam :D

Literally as of last week yeah :D

I Wheely couldn't help my self Abzy, although my fleet reduction means that this along with other things will be available (House Deposit). You will be the first to know about the wheel :thumbs:

Thanks for the opinions Guys, keep them coming please :thumbs:

:D

I always wanted a TRD wheel but I never really loved the look, if you know what I mean lol. It was all about the rarity and the prestige for me, so I would probably just hang onto it rather than putting it on the car.

Airbag in the car I would always always go for this look...

I always wanted a TRD wheel but I never really loved the look, if you know what I mean lol. It was all about the rarity and the prestige for me, so I would probably just hang onto it rather than putting it on the car.

Airbag in the car I would always always go for this look...

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.thrll.com/updates/IMG_6457_1000.jpg

Scott has a point, I have the same setup currently and doesn't cost the earth either, the wheel, airbag, adapter harness and facelift cruise control stalk cost me around £50 :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=163134&d=1358587837