The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Abflug headlights; mini project

Noz

I bought two sets of these to do a couple of one offs and something crazy. Due to lack of time, I'm only able to do something special with one set. I have too many things I'm trying to finish at the moment.

So I have a spare set. Though they don't arrive 'ready to install' and need prep work. So, I've nearly got the surface ready to paint (nearly). Listy informs me slight modification is required for these to bring the depth of the main beam further back. I'm splitting a set of lights this week so I can ensure they are a swap out component.

The other option is perhaps sell these already in a set of headlights (but I would required a set of JSpecs in return).

I may be moving, so I'm trying to sell anything I can't see me finishing in the near future. And I can't have 2 sets of inserts!

So for sale, either a set of ready to fit inserts OR a set of fitted JSpec abflug headlights. All opinions appreciated. Before I've worked on them (even though had a light sand) and after photos.

IMG_3874 - Copy.jpg

IMG_3898 - Copy.jpg

IMG_3900 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

If they are ready to fit, I'd say at least £150, as the genuines are £200+.

Ready to go as a set of lights, I'd say £150 plus the cost of the lights.

Still haven't looked into mine further yet, make sure you let me know how you go about it mate.

Yours look about the same state mine were in, but I had a few HUGE resin blobs dotted about that I had to sand back too.

Until I split a set of lights and have a look I won't know how much other work, but that said I was thinking £150 as well. Just to get them gone.

I will most likely spray the OEM inserts matt black to match the abflugs.

I'd rather sell these ready to get into a set of lights as I only have one set of decent headlights to play with. A swap out would be easy with these. Plug and play. No messing. No prep work.

• 5 months later...

So I'm back on these. Wanting to clear out and complete project's that been outstanding.

Apologies to anyone who's waiting for custom parts to be finished. Everything's nearly ready for shipping so I'm looking at what's left to complete.

Split a unit, polished a lens. The inserts need work, but you get the general idea.

I `may` even install an indicator in this unit somewhere. Still undecided. Think I'm going for a matt black finish on the inserts.

20140119_084820.jpg

20140119_085714.jpg

20140119_090038.jpg

20140119_090027.jpg