The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally fitted OEM side skirts

Homer

I've been driving round with no side skirts and Vileside spats for nearly 4 years - not a good look! Finally sourced and fitted some OEM skirts and spats. I'm quite satisfied how it turned out, what do you guys think?

If it wasn't for the dents in the sills I would have just removed the rear spats and had the rear panels re-sprayed.. but that would have cost a lot to get right, so took the cheaper option and went OEM skirts.

Before:

attachment.php?attachmentid=173519&stc=1&d=1376227233

attachment.php?attachmentid=173520&stc=1&d=1376227233

attachment.php?attachmentid=173521&stc=1&d=1376227233

After:

attachment.php?attachmentid=173522&stc=1&d=1376227233

attachment.php?attachmentid=173523&stc=1&d=1376227233

Supra before 2.jpg

Supra before 3.jpg

Supra before 4.jpg

Supra after 2.jpg

Supra after 3.jpg

Is that rust on the sill?

Yeah, there is a bit of surface rust, it's where it got damaged about 10 years ago. It's not got any worse in the 5 years or so I've had the car but if it ever goes for a repaint (my end goal) it'll be repaired like new.

Now the spats don't look so out of place!! :D

Looks much better, infact a friend mentioned to me yesterday he preferred my old Supra because of the side skirts & spats etc where as this one looked plain....

I dropped him off at a bus stop in the middle of nowhere.

Love it :thumbs:

That's the look I'm going for. Already got the spats, just need to source the skirts.

Toying with painting the front lip, or going for an aftermarket one - the only thing I don't want to risk, is being too low at the front, and scraping everywhere lol

Fair point, I agree with you. I have a new front bumper to replace this one and some new front wings which I will pick up sometime in the next few weeks. I'll have a go at spraying the front lip before changing them over :)

Off topic post, but id be interested in the front bumper and stock lip if you decide to sell it once you fit your new one :)