The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Duel mass flywheel

fastcar

Just wondering if anyone knew how much power the stock duel mass flywheel can take? I was always under the asumption that it could only take around 400-450BHP but after chatting to a well known member and trader on here they are saying maybe a bit more like around 600BHP.

Has anyone ever pushed the duel mass this far and if so how long did it last?

My plans with the supra is to have a max output of around 650BHP responsive drivable street car. I was origenly thinking of a multi plate clutch but the noise will do my nut in so I'm now thinking of a uprated single plate clutch and a stock duel mass flywheel

If its in good shape will take good power and torque. Ricky was running 700hp no problem

Jamie p was running more than that for some time and lots of abuse

As Tim says its the torque that's the issue but its fairly relative to power depending on turbo

exactly the same route i'm going for on a street single setup. Around 600bhp is my goal so sounds like were very similar.

what clutch are you thinking of? i was going to use something like a spec stage 3+ as i use that on all my other cars and really like the feel/lightness of the unit.

Tim

i Have been chatting with Jamsey AKA Do-Luck supra and he says Lee P has put a few in costumers cars with great results so I think im going to be going down that route. Not sure what stage im going to be going for yet but im sure it will be the spec clutch