The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glue/bonding agent for stock spats?

Homer

Had a search but couldn't fine any results for this (though I know they exist). What is the current preferred agent for bonding stock spats to the rear quarters these days?

I remember something called Tiger bond or similar but not sure what's best for stock over less well fitting copies...

TIA :)

I'd use the normal screw mounting holes in conjunction with some good double sided tape. Ricky's were on like that and didn't fall off. Baldy would be the man to ask which tape to use, as I think he fitted them! :)

I just chcked the spats again and you're right, there's only what looks like double sided tape on there. Any ideas what this stuff is called after market? (gah, just re-read, I'll PM Mr Baldy)

Skippy, that's some class work there, just the sort of thing I'd normally do :thumbs:

My spats were held in with windscreen bond. As was my Trial rear (bit of a pain to get off without damage) i need to get my skirts off, i dont think they'll come off without damaging

This should hold for you if you use double sided tape

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Double-Sided-Foam-Tape-All-Sizes-Automotive-Grade-Number-Plates-Car-Trims-/180727731135

Edited by DannoSupra (see edit history)

Sikaflex 221.. its a polyurethane windscreen adhesive, used it to bond plenty of kit parts, bit of a sod to remove though.

Ah, that's the one I was trying to remember. Thanks Ricky, think I'll try the tape first and see how it works out, if it fails then it's sikaflex :)