The mkiv Supra Owners Club

300zx Owner

Guest KIA

Hi

I currently own a 300zx TT. I have been looking at the Supra as an addition to my collection.

I have noticed they are quite a bit more expensive than a 300zx on the same plate. Why is this?, as from what I can make out they are very similar in performance etc etc! and probably produced to rival one another.

What do you like most about your Supra and what do you think it has over a 300?.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

Drive both 1 after the other...then you'll understand ;)

Have you driven a 300TT?. TBH it is the best car I have ever driven and the response from the general public is quite amazing (lots of head turning).

I do like the look of the Supra though and have all ways fancied getting one (was next on my shopping list when looking at the 300). I never did get to drive one though as the 300 blew me away.

Cheers

Originally posted by KIA

Have you driven a 300TT?.

Nope - I didn't need convincing.

I went to Trax in 2001 and kept overtaking 300's with relative ease...though apparrently your lot wern't trying and were just out for a Sunday drive on the Silverstone track ;) :innocent:

I have owned both.

The Supra is alot better to drive, the 300 seemed to be always on the ragged edge.

Handling on the 300 is a bit vague.

The one I had was a targa and had a tendancy to leak, badly.

Parts are more expensive and should you want to change the exhaust it costs alot more because it's a twin set up.

They also have a few electrical and overheating problems.

Saying that though they are fun cars and if you get a good one where else will you get that performance for £5k?

:)

Originally posted by Bill Prawn

I have owned both.

The Supra is alot better to drive, the 300 seemed to be always on the ragged edge.

Handling on the 300 is a bit vague.

The one I had was a targa and had a tendancy to leak, badly.

Parts are more expensive and should you want to change the exhaust it costs alot more because it's a twin set up.

They also have a few electrical and overheating problems.

Saying that though they are fun cars and if you get a good one where else will you get that performance for £5k?

:)

I picked mine up for 5k and to be honest I had a few teething problems. But most was sorted due to a faulty temp sensor (the plastic clip was broken).

I think I will go test drive a couple of Supras to see how they handle.

Cheers

As you can see from that other thread I've driven both examples of TT's. I cant comment on reliability experience (although it seems to favour the Supra). I can say, however, that I loved every aspect of the Supra more.....so much so, that Im waiting the few extra months till I can get the Supra. If the ZX really did impress you that much, the Supra will blow your socks off!