The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toad alarm keeps going off

Big Mark

I have a Toad alarm on my car, think it's an A610.

This afternoon my car alarm started going off for no reason at all, but , when it's gone off before (where I've set it off) when I press the blipper the car would beep four times to show that it had gone off, but today it just unlocked as normal with just two beeps.

I check all the windows, boot, and bonnet were closed and it was fine for an hour but started going off again.

Anyone have any ideas, could there be a battery in the alarm system that may need changing or should i just disconnect the car battery for an hour and see if it all resets?

I had problems with the bonnet switch on mine due to poor placement. When the wind blew hard, it was enough to flex the bonnet slightly causing it to trigger. I got a switch from an MR2 that had a bracket that I bolted to the bulkhead by scuttle panel. Much better than the Toad switch.

I might have a spare one - I'll see if I can find it for you.

Thanks straightsix.

I've just took the old one off to have a look and check the wiring. The contacts looked a little corroded and the solder joint a bit iffy so tidied it up and put it back on for now but am 99% sure it was the cause of the issue. First time the alarm has thrown a strop in over a year of ownership so can't complain.