The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Impressive v8 build on driftworks

abtin90

Guest Woods1
Welding up steering knuckles!!!??? He seemed to get decent weld penetration but the man is still asking to die. :blink:

Funny enough, this is very similar to what I'm doing with my race car, but somewhat less extreme.

Lyndon.

Very common in the drift world and the geomaster hubs that DW sell are just a fabricated knuckle so no difference really.

love builds like this, not sure about the "ebay parts" comments, theres no real parts on it as such so not sure where that comes from :/

Its something that all car people want to do really, build something wild but not really care about the athethsics as its function over form and at the end of the day thats the cool factor

To be honest I think that most people just don't get the thread..... or perhaps it's me that doesn't get it?

Reading between the lines and being absolutely NO expert in the field whatsoever I took it that the guy really knew what he was doing and was using funny stereotypical "drifter" slating terms to make fun of himself while doing some pretty serious work.

The clue is in the very first comment..... Rota's, need to attack them with a 9" grinding wheel. For those that don't know those are actually Volk wheels, very expensive ones at that (TE37SL's) in, I believe, limited edition black.

Guest Woods1
To be honest I think that most people just don't get the thread..... or perhaps it's me that doesn't get it?

Reading between the lines and being absolutely NO expert in the field whatsoever I took it that the guy really knew what he was doing and was using funny stereotypical "drifter" slating terms to make fun of himself while doing some pretty serious work.

The clue is in the very first comment..... Rota's, need to attack them with a 9" grinding wheel. For those that don't know those are actually Volk wheels, very expensive ones at that (TE37SL's) in, I believe, limited edition black.

They are rotas with a sticker on them, loads of people do that to try fool people that theve actually got expensive wheels instead to cheap ones lol