The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Weight Saving Info & Threads

Littler

Hi Guys,

Recently I've struggled to find the motivation to complete the Supra so I've started to look at different ways of setting the car up, to overall make it 'better' and a bit 'special'. Now I'm not going to unveil all my ideas just yet (as some may not be possible lol) but for the minute I'm after any threads that people know about that listed the weight of Supra parts and also any info on good weight saving quality alternatives.

This isn't a thread to display what the weights of different parts are as this already exists but trying to piece all the threads together as I know there are more than the ones I know about :)

Here are a few to start:

Mike's Project (miko-supra)

Stock Item Weights

Engine Part Weights

Jay's 1300kg Weight Thread (Jevansio)

Ryan's Track Car Build (Now Rich's)

Jamie's Weight Saving Stint

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

Just while on the subject of weight, I know i'll prob get flamed for it but there is some info on NA lightening here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?240416-Another-Supra-for-the-Toyota-Sprint-Series&highlight=sprint+series

and i havent time to check but I think alex wrote something on his NA in this thread too but havent time to check:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?197788-NA-Supra-Sprint-Track-setup&highlight=sprint+series

i know most will say "buy a TT" but for those few of us that do like to run NA's, thought this could be useful.

Unless you are building a race car I would not bother Adam, you will only make the car less enjoyable IMO.

Yeah I'm not going full on race car by any means, trying to drop the weight without compromising street trim (not 100% sure if that's doable though).

Is that what you found when you had you weight loss stint?

Yeah I'm not going full on race car by any means, trying to drop the weight without compromising street trim (not 100% sure if that's doable though).

Is that what you found when you had you weight loss stint?

I didn't seem to make much difference to the performance, weight certainly don't hinder my GTR.

Some areas of weight reduction can work well without hindering the car, seats for one, nice light set of wheels, the carbon panels was a waste of money IMO, and I certainly would not consider stripping the interior.

I didn't seem to make much difference to the performance, weight certainly don't hinder my GTR.

Some areas of weight reduction can work well without hindering the car, seats for one, nice light set of wheels, the carbon panels was a waste of money IMO, and I certainly would not consider stripping the interior.

:thumbs:

Yeah the first things that spring to mind are the seats and any unsprung weight, I was surprised how heavy the stock leather electric seats and UK callipers were. The Advans seem nice and light (haven't weighed them) so unless I decide to get a set to increase rear grip with the added power I can;t see me changing them now.

The aim in my head was to lose as much weight without visually comprising the stock look bar a subtle rear seat delete, beyond that I want to make it look as stock as possible, again not sure if my goal is slightly unrealistic lol