The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone ever added up how much they have spent?

marc_p

I just did.......holy cr@p:blink:

Put together an Excel spread sheet to get my spec list together and stupidly decided to put a 'cost' column, to think it's not done and there is still paint and interior to be done this winter, it's errrr........a tad scary.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never a good idea to track spending, it just leads to depression :p

So far I've hardly spent anything (Under £200) but I've only owned it about 2 months. I have a £3000 list of stuff I want to buy and that's just for starters :)

I won't be keeping track though haha.

I`ve just added up all the things I`ve recently bought, comes to £3116.11:blink: All this and I haven`t even picked the Supra up from Jurgen yet:D

I add up the complete total which includes the cost of buying the car too lol

I had done a list of parts and prices that I have spent on the car which is kinda up to date but it was not to figure out how much money I had spent, more as a project portfolio and for when the car sells ....

It does add up to loads and I always wonder what I could of brought if I had saved the money but I don't regret it ... Had so much fun with the car and that's what it's all about .. Besides what ever I buy next I will do the same anyways lol

What I do think about is I wonder if instead of spending all the money on the body and putting the cash into the engine for a good single ... Would I have enjoyed it more ?

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

I don't want to think about how much I've spent, I still have a list of what I want to do that's even scarier lol

I have done a breaking list but prices are what i would sell them for NOT what i initially paid and its scary how much i have spent.... my car is worth a nice sum in parts.

Wheels & tyres- £2800

brakes- £2700

Now thats scary shit!!

Still thinking of breaking dude?!

I added mine up including purchase cost then divided by the 12 years i

owned it for and its not that scary a figure.

After selling the car for £10k and then dividing by 12 its only around

£2500 a year

That doesn't include ins, tax, mot's, tyres or fuel though :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

In my time of owning this supra which is about 2 year now i think i've spent in the region of £2700 on parts. Probably about 4k on fuel haha I'm nearly there though only another few things and my car is finished. Thank fek for that i only need to fuel it and tax and insure it from then :)

A drop in the ocean compared to some members though i dread to think how much some people have pumped into builds.

I added mine up including purchase cost then divided by the 12 years i

owned it for and its not that scary a figure.

After selling the car for £10k and then dividing by 12 its only around

£2500 a year

That doesn't include ins, tax, mot's, tyres or fuel though :)

Calculating fuel costs doesn't even bare thinking about lol