The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is the condition of this clutch? RPS Stage 3 + Fidanza

Guest Wigge

Guest Wigge

Hello!

Recently returned a used clutch to a company due to i thinking it was in a bad shape.. The dealer called me up and told me there where nothing wrong at all with it.

I told them that my local shop had a look at it and it took them a couple of seconds to tell me it is pretty much worthless.. and for myself i thought it was not looking so good eather.. my old oem PP/FW/disk looked better.. and was slipping really much.

Im sorry i dont have any pic at the PP but it looked alot like the FW in color but it hade like 1 mm deep grooves, not sharp ones but you could feel them like waves if you drove your fingers over the surface. Flywheel felt pretty much smooth but not 100%

20130724_214722.jpg 20130724_214552.jpg 20130724_214910.jpg

And i must say it lookes better on these pic then it was.

So what do you guys think? is this how these clutches look like after some use and is it still in a good condition?

I got the money back so it was no problem in that kind of way but i thought it was interesting to talk about if it is that bad or if it really is in pretty good condition..

Its a Fidanza flywheel and a RPS Stage 3 PP/Disk

Was supposed to sit on a jspec TT.

/ Wigge