The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED Rear lights - carbon or no carbon

Noz

Seen different ones and I think the carbon wrap looks nice.

Has anyone ever carbon weave the lenses?

I'm unsure if to carbon wrap them or not.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/angel984/Led%20work/untitled.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/angel984/Led%20work/26830_1277345932264_1188461998_698584_2252164_n.jpg

That Supra is not wide enough frankly.

I think gloss or satin black would look lovely.

Mines got carbon. Looks awesome, tho looks even better with c-west light covers over the rear LEDS - that is the ultimate and rarest combo.

Think heckler and i are the only ones in the uk with that combination.

I've got c west covers, but decided not to fit them as I like the carbon that's inside, and it's real carbon not just a wrap :)

As above gloss black, theres far to much fake carbon about these days

I couldn't agree more, I'm removing my carbon "wrapped" dash for that exact reason, if its no real don't bother IMO.

Dipping, wrapping etc is all getting old.

It's like having a blow up doll when all people will think is why has he not got the real thing? :)

That is all

Glass black, isn't that changing the colour of the OEM insert then as well?

They aren't for my car. It's just a one off set I was going to make to say it was something I'd done.

yes but isint that what you was asking ?

i believe that what ever the colour of the car the inserts should be the same for the best look, this is in my head at the moment so may be wrong but im sure some photo shop people could mock a couple up so you could tell

yes but isint that what you was asking ?

i believe that what ever the colour of the car the inserts should be the same for the best look, this is in my head at the moment so may be wrong but im sure some photo shop people could mock a couple up so you could tell

The old orange JPS Supra has colour coded inserts, they looked great.

I couldn't agree more, I'm removing my carbon "wrapped" dash for that exact reason, if its no real don't bother IMO.

Dipping, wrapping etc is all getting old.

It's like having a blow up doll when all people will think is why has he not got the real thing? :)

That is all

Sometimes you cannot afford the real thing and have to use the fake to make do :-P

I can't spray them the same colour as I won't know what car they are going on.

These are purely to build and sell. Its a single set. Which is why I considered carbon weave. A lengthy process but possibly worth the effort.

I only want to wrap the inserts, or not at all.

I think the stock colour goes well with most colours so I'd probably either wrap them or leave them. Gloss black might be too much.