The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FastCar Supra

nickyboy

I'm currently deciding final spec before embarking on overhaul of Supra (red Uk-Spec) ie bodykit, upholstery and respray.

I know it's a boy racer mag but has anyone seen the Supra in FastCar magazine (Jules' Supra). If so, does anyone know what the nose cone is on this?

I haven't seen it anywhere else - it looks a bit like the Veilside C1 cone but is flat across the bottom (not \_--_/).

Appreciate your help.

Nick

PS thinking of the BMW M3 "silver grey" colour - any thoughts?

i havent seen fast car but it just sounds like the c1 bumper with the bottom piece fibre glassed in. a couple of people on supraforums have done it. i considered it but if not done 100% it will just crack but im sure its not too dificult to get it right

Yeah now I look at the picture again I think it must be the Veilside C1 partly modified.

Am going to try to attach picture of BMW in "silver grey" colour.

Thoughts? (if it works...)

(... didn't want to go as dark as gunmetal but wanted something a bit diff from normal silver).

silver grey.jpg

Well, in that photo the colour looks, well silver. If I was asked to describe that BMW I would say it was silver. If you're going for a respray you want something that looks like you can tell somethings been done... well I would anyway! Maybe go for something a little darker still but not quite gunmetal?

Right.... after about 2 and a half hours of trying to get my scanner to work on XP, and failing, I realised I have a webcam!

Please see pic below for FastCar Supra nosecone (very dark in mag hence contrast of photo). Any ideas where its from???????????

Nick

PS Agree that no point getting resprayed and getting standard silver but want to go for something subtle...

picture 008.jpg

Originally posted by Jake

:fires up Photoshop:

OK, after trying to achieve the same effect in PS I've realised that that bumper in the pic has had a lot more done to it than just the middle section flattened out. It also seems to have been shortened quite a bit.

I don't think it would very easy to do IRL

It is the vielside style bumper with the section taken out and smoothed,He originally got the kit from AB styling over in south wales,Hes also got a carbon bonnet with the sides from the swage line painted up the same colour as the car which looks pretty trick too!

I think we can go off topic now as the original subject has run it's course (although it's more one for chit-chat).

They sold loads of Goodwood chicanes. The rarity factor was around what accessories came with it - the rare one is the original rubber Goodwood wall that was around in the sixties. In the seventies this was changed to a plastic moulding and these are quite plentiful. The best thing about them is that you could put two together and create a four track chicane for four lane circuits. We used to also take the middle straight section out and create a really visious dog leg chicane with it.

Ahhhh, now, the Le Mans start is a bit more rare. Again it was around in the sixties but it reappeared for a brief time in the eighties. Could never quite see the point of it myself.

If you want to talk about really rare track pieces, the ultimate is the Flying Leap with plastic rock moulding to jump over. Expensive and only in the catalogue in the sixties for 2 years.

All very anorak, of course.