The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone successfully de limited (SLD) the j-spec cruise control?

bodilx6

I mean; without if affecting the entire "chain" of speed signal? I've tried and tried but it keeps interfering with my active spoiler. I've tried several placements of the SLD.

I already have a SLD at the engine ECU to de-limit the top speed. That works perfect. But trying to de-limit the cruise by adding another one doesn't seem to work out. When I place it hight up the speed signal "chain" (I've tried a IF1 (or was it IF2) junction point and just next to the Cruise ECU but in both situations if messed with the active spoiler..

Any thoughts?

I did have another, yet sold it some time ago, that was the pic from the sale thread.

Some Supra Treasures take some finding, it took me 3 years to unearth the ones I wanted.

There are more U.K. speckers being broken these days, be patient and keep your eyes peeled, one'll turn up sooner or later.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I've got one from a Lexus LS400 that I was going to try and rewire. Never got round to it though!

Ah yes, I read the lexus ons can be 'hacked' by wiring in a jumper on the circuit board. Seen some photos on Club Lexus i think.

Looked at one if those replacement ecu's some time ago. However, running bpu (an with the raised rpm of them), I would not be too happy about driving about Europe and maybe not be able to get premium fuel.

Regarding the Lexus ecu, it is a very hard place to work on moving pins, as the placement is behind and below the speedo. Also, would prefer to only having to cut a single wire or so.

Must be able to get a replacement ecu. However, I'm wondering if a uk ecu would work as I'm running kph?..

Looked at one if those replacement ecu's some time ago. However, running bpu (an with the raised rpm of them), I would not be too happy about driving about Europe and maybe not be able to get premium fuel.

Regarding the Lexus ecu, it is a very hard place to work on moving pins, as the placement is behind and below the speedo. Also, would prefer to only having to cut a single wire or so.

Must be able to get a replacement ecu. However, I'm wondering if a uk ecu would work as I'm running kph?..

Those ECU's won't make any difference to your cruise control anyway ;)