The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally bought another Supra (includes pics)

marbleapple

Evening,

Its been 3 years since I last owned a Supra but I finally got behind the wheel of one again last week.

I've bought Guigsy's UK Spec TT (BPU) auto and I am really excited to have done so.

Guigsy and I have been pm'ing for weeks about the car. I know very little about cars in general but Guigsy was an absolute star answering my queries.

It yook me 4.5 hours to get to Northampton from Leeds by train so I didn't arrive at Guigsy's till 8.30. Despite the relatively late hour he spent ages talking me through what the car can do, explaining what things like the Defi gauges actually do (who would know gauges weren't actually just for show!) and let me drive him around whilst I learnt how to drive an automatic and how bloody scary hitting the second turbo for the first time ever can be! He didn't even laugh/moan when I tried to change gear and press the clutch (which was actually the brake) whilst travelling at speed down the dual carriageway! :D

Prior to picking the car up, Guigsy spent a lot of time (and money) getting it in superb shape. All the brake lines were replaced, sills welded, a new MOT etc. The car has even been in the bodyshop removing marks so that the paint looks top notch. I was rather amazed at the condition of the car. I feel I've landed lucky!

Like all cars that you pick up, there are a few bits that need doing: There is an oil leak which is being looked at on Tuesday, the 'o/d off' warning light keeps flashing up (ideas any one?), the windscreen washers aren't working, some boot plastics are missing and I want to replace the silver dash with the carbon fibre coated parts I bought some time ago. Hopefully all of these are easy wins for a bloke that knows very little about mechanics!

Expect plenty of stupid questions like 'what does this button do?' etc in the near future.

Pics below. Apologies for the quality; they were taken on an iphone!

Edited by marbleapple
Poor spelling (see edit history)

Great buy, its a lovely looking car. Enjoy it mate

Looking forward to you coming out with us mate, plenty of meets for that car next year with mine :)

Nice buy :thumbs: I love the colour, bet your glad to be back :)

Nice choice mate

Well done mate. Glad his car went to a good home.

Welcome back to the fold.

Thanks Guys :)

Are you pressing the button on the end of the stalk for the washer jets? It took me ages to notice the button, and not just keep trying to pull the arm toward you.

Might explain it!

Lovely Looking car mate, My favourite colour by far. ( i might be a little biased ) Are you pressing the button on the end of the stalk for the washer jets? It took me ages to notice the button, and not just keep trying to pull the arm toward you.

I'm sure there was a thread dedicated to this that I read a while ago. Somehow I didn't have to search for mine. Although I do enjoy sitting and pressing the buttons for a while when I get a new car :senile:

I had a similar problem with my o/d light flashing randomly. After a year of not being able to work it out and thought it was a dodgy speedo conversion that caused it. I topped up my oil, power steering fluid and brake fluid one day and the light never came on again! I was surprised it was that simple!

this car has had the od light issue since i baught it. i nor 3 seperate garages iv asked have figured out what the issue was. iv been told speedo converter. but it doesnt have one as its a uk car.

iv also been told abs error. but the abs seems to work.

The only thing iv noticed is that when its on the cruise control doesnt seem to work.

iv checked error codes and things but nothing seems to be covered in the manuals. so i put it down to a problem with the cruise, which inever use anyway so it didnt bother me.

Are you sure it's not the active spoiler trying to come down and getting stuck?

It was a long time since I had one but it rings a bell.

doesnt have an active spoiler. or the mecanism because of the fmic. not sure if the ecu is still behind the dash though so that could be it i suppose. when we test drove the car there was no light. then after a while it popped on. which might have coincided with the ecu wanting to put the spoiler down. hum interesting

doesnt have an active spoiler. or the mecanism because of the fmic. not sure if the ecu is still behind the dash though so that could be it i suppose. when we test drove the car there was no light. then after a while it popped on. which might have coincided with the ecu wanting to put the spoiler down. hum interesting

What speed did the spoiler used to go down and is it coming on at that speed? 68mph?

Just to cause confusion, the light is now permanently on. I have no idea why but to be honest it is an improvment because I constant light is less obvious than a light that is blinking away!!