The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member, West Yorkshire

FA599

Hi everyone, bought the Supra about a month ago and have used the forum for a few questions that needed answering. The car: UK Supra, with no mods! Had side skirts and 19" wheels on when I got it but these have now been removed (and are for sale:d)

I have bought the clear indicators off the facelift which will be going on soon, and I have also bought some clear side repeaters as well to freshen up the look a little. I will also be adding a mesh in to the front bumper for a bit of protection! Apart from that I want to keep it as close to standard as possible and it will be used as one of the toys rather than an everyday car.

The car will be going in to my mechanic for a once over as there are a few niggles that I want sorting out before I drive it in anger!

Now for some questions!

The standard stereo isn't working, previous owner put the wrong code in and now it just says "help!" on the screen, any ideas of how this could be sorted?

Any recommendations for increasing the noise whilst keeping the standard back box (in keeping with the standard look!), don't want it too loud though

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Welcome to the club matey.

It might be knackered, probably best replacing it with an mp3 player.

The perfect exhaust for you would be a tanabe touring medallion but they are quite expensive. £500 ish used!

Or also slightly less than stock looking, a blitz nur spec with the bung in the tail pipe. (what i have)

Edited by Iky (see edit history)

I'm in Wakefield, no this car wasn't from Bradford, I had to do a 400 mile round trip to get it haha, I should hopefully be using it by the weekend, picking it up from the mechanic tomorrow :)

Looked again its not the one i saw...

You should come to the 20th anniversary meet on the 26th (bank holiday)

Look at these threads

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?294694-20th-Anniversary-Meet-at-The-Heritage-Motor-Centre-26th-August

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?294870-th-Anniversary-Meet-at-Heritage-Motor-Centre-26th-August-Convoy-any-one

@ Supra_ufo Ah if it was closer I would have gone to it, it's not ready for a trip that long yet, few bits and bobs to finish off! I saw a Supra which I think could have been yours outside Al Qaza in Leeds last week I think? Not 100% sure though

Yes that was mine mate.

Yours is looking nice and clean.