The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very cheap 6spd single for sale?

Dan_Turism0

Single turbo with 550 injectors & no mention of ECU!!

Does look tidy & VERY cheap for a 6 speed Aerotop... though alarm bells do ring when a car has no MOT or Tax at this price.

Also the background looks very familiar!!

Single turbo with 550 injectors & no mention of ECU!!

Does look tidy & VERY cheap for a 6 speed Aerotop... though alarm bells do ring when a car has no MOT or Tax at this price.

Also the background looks very familiar!!

This was my first question about this ad !

i was generally browsing past the sale section as thought the same a long time ago..

just been through my txts and this is what he sent me when I had my query as to the price set.

this was his response

" the reason the car is up so cheap is because the valve system seal need doing and it also needs a new flywheel as the dual mass is beginning to rattle when not under load so I am open to any offers"

I then asked for an estimate on £

His response via txt

" yes the stems seals replaced by Toyota is around £500-600 and a new flywheel is around £300 but aftermarket lightweight ones can be bought for not much more"

hope this helps guys :)

VSS done by Toyota will be more than double that. I paid over £1000 to have mine done including parts and labour, granted I got a few other bits done at the same time as well. That was without taking the head off as well. Best bet is to buy the full head gasket kit from what a Toyota dealer told me. Cheaper than buying all the parts individually: http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/toyota-1098.html

Edited by dan294 (see edit history)

ahhh good to know but even with that done it's still pretty good value and could be a cheap buy if i were in a position to buy one i'd certainly go and have a look as i'm sure you could haggle on the price too ;)

Really?

It needs a decent ECU, bigger injectors, Adjustable FPR, something other than the Chinese turbo, VSS, Flywheel, MOT, Tax, plus god knows what else. There is at least £5k needed to be spent and that's before addressing any other issues that might need doing.

Oh and I doubt it was a shell swap, so will still probably be on NA hubs and the works.

Really?

It needs a decent ECU, bigger injectors, Adjustable FPR, something other than the Chinese turbo, VSS, Flywheel, MOT, Tax, plus god knows what else. There is at least £5k needed to be spent and that's before addressing any other issues that might need doing.

Oh and I doubt it was a shell swap, so will still probably be on NA hubs and the works.

as a i said a look ;)

VSS done by Toyota will be more than double that. I paid over £1000 to have mine done including parts and labour, granted I got a few other bits done at the same time as well. That was without taking the head off as well. Best bet is to buy the full head gasket kit from what a Toyota dealer told me. Cheaper than buying all the parts individually: http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/toyota-1098.html

Flywheel is best part of £500 & then you have the labour to have it fitted so £2k on just them two things.