The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice little story proving the Supra still draws attention

SupraStar 3000

This evening I was in the front garden when this lad (late teens) walked by driving his radio controlled nitro buggy that looked quite special due to its exotic paint scheme and wheels.

I've seen him before so struck up a conversation. As soon as I showed a modicum amount of knowledge and interest in all things RC he went into great detail explaining how he worked for HPI and made professionally customized cars for clients on his web site. After showing me a few other items he'd produced on his phone he gave me a quick demo of this current creation he had just finished. Was actually very well made. The detail on the car was staggering. Working lights, windows that opened, heat controlled cooling vans and fully adjustable wheel camber with stretched rubber, not to mention the paint job.

He then went onto explain how he was waiting for some really special parts for him to start another car for his own personal collection. A white Toyota Supra.

Obviously raising an eyebrow, I said "you mean like the white one thats sometimes parked around here ;)" to which he replied, yes exactly like that! Had I seen it recently??

"Yes" I replied. "This morning, when I put it back in the garage". I of coursed showed him the car and said he was welcome to pop around anytime, as long as he gave me updates on his mini Supra as it progresses.

:)

Edited by SupraStar 3000 (see edit history)

I had a similar one yesterday. We sold our Land Rover, the family that bought it were really nice, which pleased me as we have owned it since new and I will miss it!

Anyway, the Dad and the Son were just plain petrol heads. We were standing outside whilst the women sorted out the money etc…

The son, who was about 13(Contain yourself Edd!) was telling us all about his favourite cars.. He was talking about Lambo's, Porsches and the GT-R etc… Then he mentioned his absolute favourite… Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds. :D

Needless so say I opened the front door and pressed the electric garage door button… He went absolutely ballistic as the garage came open, it was hilarious!

Anyway, good story Edd!

I had a similar one yesterday. We sold our Land Rover, the family that bought it were really nice, which pleased me as we have owned it since new and I will miss it!

Anyway, the Dad and the Son were just plain petrol heads. We were standing outside whilst the women sorted out the money etc…

The son, who was about 13(Contain yourself Edd!) was telling us all about his favourite cars.. He was talking about Lambo's, Porsches and the GT-R etc… Then he mentioned his absolute favourite… Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds. :D

Needless so say I opened the front door and pressed the electric garage door button… He went absolutely ballistic as the garage came open, it was hilarious!

Anyway, good story Edd!

A much nicer story over Ed's rapey one.

Anyway, good story Edd!

Nice story mate.

And to be honest, if I saw your Eleanor face to face, i think i would go ballistic too.

lmao!

Oh, and did you just google image search "kidnapped young boy" to find the pic,... because if you did, I give you 10 minutes before the FBI come knocking. RUN GRAHAN, RUN!!

No feds yet mate, on the picture front I made an effort for you in the funny face thread too.

I had a group of kids (about 8-12 years old) walk past my house on the way back to the scout hut about a month ago. Got a few "cool car mate"s and a "It looks like a Ferrari or something". I was pretty pleased :)

The last person to comment was the guy that dropped the curry off last week. The problem was, he was facing the other way and asking questions. I'd catch the last few words and reply. I must have sounded like a right novice! Next time, deliver the grub and bugger off :D

Love hearing stories like this.

Not this Supra, but my previous Supra seemed to attract some attention.

One day at work I got a call from the building next to ours. One of their office workers had noticed a group of people acting suspicions around my car. I quickly rushed out to investigate to find a couple of students taking pictures of this girl dressed in hot pants and sequin top, using my car as a background prop.

Oh, AND Yes, she did end up in me cellar. I still have her sequin top as a memento,