The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Old Doddererererererers

Jonnybravo2667

Was so annoyed the other sunday whilst out in my sup that i nearly decided to sell her. Dont know about the rest of you but i getting sick and tired of driving at 25-30 mph behind a convoy of people that dont know what there right foot is for, i not after breaking any land speed records but it would be nice to do the speed limit once in a while and to add insult to injury everytime there was a straight piece of road something was coming the other way GRRRRRR. Is it my imagination or is this getting to be the norm with people who cant find

third gear?

Edited by listy
swearing (see edit history)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who pee me off the most (minus the S**T who nearly took me off the motorway) are the ones that do 40 everywhere.... National speed limit roads, 30 mph villages and it's sods law that everytime I get stuck behind these benders there is a ton of traffic coming the other way.

The people who pee me off the most are the ones that do 40 everywhere.... National speed limit roads, 30 mph villages and it's sods law that everytime I get stuck behind these benders there is a ton of traffic coming the other way.

This! THE most irritating thing, the 40mph Brigade. :mad: I'm glad I'm not the only one to have noticed it...

The people who pee me off the most (minus the S**T who nearly took me off the motorway) are the ones that do 40 everywhere.... National speed limit roads, 30 mph villages and it's sods law that everytime I get stuck behind these benders there is a ton of traffic coming the other way.

Agreed !!!!

This is why I LOVE my Gixer ... No more traffic ... Even though some drivers think by pulling over to the right as much as they can will some how stop me ... It won't

On Saturday, I was tooted at for driving too slowly in between my 2nd gear with boost blasts, whilst Steve was trying to twiddle ECU micro trimming-screws in our attempt to get the water/meth into action. :blush:

:think: Maybe there's a similar thread about an Old Fart in a Supra on the VW Golf forum. :shrug:

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Agreed !!!!

This is why I LOVE my Gixer ... No more traffic ... Even though some drivers think by pulling over to the right as much as they can will some how stop me ... It won't

Christ what's the point in that? I move over as far as I can to let the bikers go as like you say they will go past regardless at some point anyway.

Christ what's the point in that? I move over as far as I can to let the bikers go as like you say they will go past regardless at some point anyway.

I really don't know why ... I think they hate it as there sitting in traffic ... That's the only reason I can think off, It's not as if I will be in front of them for the rest of the journey lol. I will be gone in a second lol

I would headbutt everyone of them if they were here now they annoy me that much :D

A man after my own heart right there.

I've been so tempted to ram these f*ckers off the road sometimes!

Sometimes I think it's just me, glad to see I'm not the only one!

Agreed !!!!

I find it incredibly annoying when people drive in the middle of a country road at 40 to stop you overtaking….. Only moving over when there is a car coming in the opposite direction.

Why they would do something like that to a biker, who is naturally a lot more vulnerable anyway, is beyond me!

People right up the back of me gets me the most. You're on a single carriageway road, with no chance of losing your position in the line of cars, so why get so close to the car in front? I've gone for the finger in recent times. Bastards..

What makes me laugh is when I can eventually overtake and they speed up! Stupid people clearly think "oh a silly boy racer with a loud exhaust I will just speed up he will stand no cha..." *VROOOOOOOOOOM!*

"Pr!ck" *flash flash flash* (obvious jealousy)

I really don't know why ... I think they hate it as there sitting in traffic ... That's the only reason I can think off, It's not as if I will be in front of them for the rest of the journey lol. I will be gone in a second lol

If they think like that it's very perverse, as if making someone else's journey harder makes their own easier. OK, so it'll slow them up a *tiny* bit, but not worth worrying about.

I find it incredibly annoying when people drive in the middle of a country road at 40 to stop you overtaking….. Only moving over when there is a car coming in the opposite direction.

Why they would do something like that to a biker, who is naturally a lot more vulnerable anyway, is beyond me!

I hate that hence why sometimes I lose the plot and boot the mirrors off on the way past. :) some people on the road in cars get mightily pissed off that bikes just zip out past them. Especially if there is a line of traffic that cars can't get passed so easily. I had a guy try force me off the road as I went passed he swerved over the white line. At which point I eased off and followed him home. As for the 40mph brigade I think it Forces other users to make silly overtakes they wouldn't make normally in frustration. Of the speed limit is 50 or 60 they should be doing close to that speed. IMO they should be charged with obstruction or being a hazard to others.

I seen this in Ireland a lot years ago before the motorway was built. Miles and miles of A road with not many places to pass and people driving at 40mph there could be 60 cars and vans behind them wanting past at times. It resulted in a lot of accidents.