The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's it worth?

abtin90

Sorry I know people hate these threads but just wanted to get an idea on what my cars worth I'm considering selling it as I need something more practical.

The car started off as an NA. It's a 1995. I've only had it mapped recently it made just over 530bhp at 1.25bar. It's got a w58 fitted but I've been driving it a low boost (0.8) till I get round to fitting my r154. I've got a complete r154 conversion (minus the clutch)that I could include in the sale. Or could have it fitted.

Has 11months tax and mot.

Below is the spec of the car off the top of my head. Just want a rough idea of what people think its worth. Excuse the pics I'm on my phone and they're the only ones I have.

•Engine

KS racing inlet manifold

Q45 Throttle body

St205 throttle cable

2.5mm Boostlogic head gasket

ARP head studs

Whifbitz oil catch can with k&n breather

•Turbocharger & induction, cooling

Garrett T67 (T04R) .70AR

SP racing tubular manifold

3" stainless steel 304 downpipe

Tial 44mm wastegate

HKS ssqv III blow off valve

Whifbitz braided oil lines

Toyo sports FMIC with custom 3" polished piping

T4 turbo blanket

•Fuel, Tuning & ECU

AEM V1 EMS

AEM 3.5 bar map sensor

Greddy ProFec B Spec II black

Blitz power meter ID black

Denso 560cc low impedance injectors

UK resistor pack

Walbro 255lph fuel pump

SARD fuel pressure regulator

Apexi turbo timer

•Exhaust

3" Catback exhaust with decats 4.5" back box

•Drivetrain

6 Puk Competition stage 4 clutch

Competition Light weight flywheel

•Suspension, wheels, tires & brakes

J spec brakes

18" Split 3 piece light weight alloys

Front 9J with 245/40/18

Rear 10J with 275/35/18

Lowered on tein springs with bilstein shocks

Carbing front strut brace

•Interior

Cusco safety 21 7 point roll cage powder coated in black

Black leather seats with grey piping

Pioneer f900bt double din headunit

JL audio w3 sub in custom enclosure

JL audio 250:1 amp

Pioneer speakers

Momo f1 concept steering wheel

Driftworks snap off boss kit

Chrome dash rings

Black carpet

•Exterior

Whifbitz front bumper

Bomex side skirts

Signature Explosion rear bumper

TRD carbon fibre bonnet

Clear side markers

Clear front indicators

Clear glass uk headlights with 6000k HID

Tinted windows

De-wipered back

De-spoilered

•Misc

Battery relocated to boot

TRD radiator cap

Toad thatcham cat 1 alarm and keyless entry

Chrome radiator cover

Chrome fuse box cover

Chrome fan shroud

Chrome slam panel

Chrome brake reservoir cover

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375046721.677686.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375046734.309856.jpg

Edited by abtin90 (see edit history)

Thanks mate. Think I'd make a lot more breaking it?

Without a doubt you'd make more money breaking it, though I'd put a For Sale up first for a few weeks & if you don't get a bite then maybe break it. The only thing with breaking it means more time is taken up but you will make more money than a straight sale.

Sharp looking ride. Is the St205 throttle cable standard or will this fit my Greddy intake left seat drive supra? I'm looking for a cleaner look. I have the stock one on right now, but it's ran over top of the intake kind of looking getto

Without a doubt you'd make more money breaking it, though I'd put a For Sale up first for a few weeks & if you don't get a bite then maybe break it. The only thing with breaking it means more time is taken up but you will make more money than a straight sale.

Will prob do a for sale ad first. Any ideas on how much more there is to be made in breaking it?

I would have put it around £9-10k if the R154 or a getrag was in there. As it stands I'd as £7k due to the work required to use all the power.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into fitting the r154 as it will be a lot more appealing to potential buyers though if I decide to break it it would mean more time and work has gone to waste. Either way I'd include the r154 in the sale so the potential owner could use it to its potential.

Sharp looking ride. Is the St205 throttle cable standard or will this fit my Greddy intake left seat drive supra? I'm looking for a cleaner look. I have the stock one on right now, but it's ran over top of the intake kind of looking getto

Thanks mate, the st205 cable is from a celica I had to use it as I couldn't use the standard one on the q45 as it wasn't long enough.

I reckon £7k - £8k.

It that with or without the r154 fitted?

Oh, if you break it, I'm interested in the R154 :sly:

Haha have had so many pm's asking if I want to sell it. Won't be selling it unless the cars sells without or I break it.

If I keep the car I'd def be fitting the r154.

Will keep you informed though :)

Will prob do a for sale ad first. Any ideas on how much more there is to be made in breaking it?

Thanks for the reply. I will look into fitting the r154 as it will be a lot more appealing to potential buyers though if I decide to break it it would mean more time and work has gone to waste. Either way I'd include the r154 in the sale so the potential owner could use it to its potential.

Thanks mate, the st205 cable is from a celica I had to use it as I couldn't use the standard one on the q45 as it wasn't long enough.

It that with or without the r154 fitted?

As is.

No idea but I suspect it would be at least £2k by breaking it & selling parts individually if not more.

Ideally the best way to do it is write down all the items on the car to sell & put a realistic price next to them, that should give you a good indicator of what you can get back breaking it.

Having two manual boxes will sure help if you are breaking it, I wouldn't put the R154 in until you have decided what to do.

IMO, Realistically if you get £6k for it with the R154 I'd snap their hand off. But even then I would think you are in for a long wait. With regard to breaking it, I think it would take a long time to get near the money you are asking. It would be a different story if the car had a 6 speed and a 2JZ-GTE much like IDO is selling. As these "big ticket" items would bring in the majority of the money straight away, circa 5-6k on their own. But a R154, W58 & 2JZ-GE altogether I'd recon would fetch about £2000-2500. Then you would have your turbo kit and everything else but I honestly don't think it wouldn't net you anywhere near the extra 5k that you are after. As essentially all you are left with is a modified N/A rolling shell and a turbo kit.

Just trying to put a bit of perspective on it, as although we spend fortunes on these cars, you are only likely to see a fraction returned when it comes to selling them.

No idea but I suspect it would be at least £2k by breaking it & selling parts individually if not more.

Ideally the best way to do it is write down all the items on the car to sell & put a realistic price next to them, that should give you a good indicator of what you can get back breaking it.

Having two manual boxes will sure help if you are breaking it, I wouldn't put the R154 in until you have decided what to do.

Cheers Abz, based on the recent feedback in regards to the price, I'll be putting a list together later today.

Probably about £6 or £7k like!

Just depends if mike brewer comes along and haggles you down!

Thanks for the input :)

IMO, Realistically if you get £6k for it with the R154 I'd snap their hand off. But even then I would think you are in for a long wait. With regard to breaking it, I think it would take a long time to get near the money you are asking. It would be a different story if the car had a 6 speed and a 2JZ-GTE much like IDO is selling. As these "big ticket" items would bring in the majority of the money straight away, circa 5-6k on their own. But a R154, W58 & 2JZ-GE altogether I'd recon would fetch about £2000-2500. Then you would have your turbo kit and everything else but I honestly don't think it wouldn't net you anywhere near the extra 5k that you are after. As essentially all you are left with is a modified N/A rolling shell and a turbo kit.

Thanks for the input, I recon the AEM, turbo kit and r154 would fetch quite a bit. I'll be putting a list together today to get an idea of what it's worth in parts and will be going from there.

Just trying to put a bit of perspective on it, as although we spend fortunes on these cars, you are only likely to see a fraction returned when it comes to selling them.

Is it a built engine, or just standard GE? Compression must be lowered or something?

It's got lowered compression using a boostlogic headgasket.

£6k and I reckon you'll struggle with that.

Would break it if it was to sell for £6k would have thought he R154 itself is worth Atleast £1200.