The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newish member from Edinburgh!

Guest Shammy

Guest Shammy

Hey Folks, how's it going?

Kind of a new member here, joined the forum a few years ago as I had an inkling for a Supra... ended up not getting one and going diesel instead. I've not had a car for over a year now so miss driving etc, I've saved some money up while working at my new job so thought it might be time to take the jump. It will literally only be used as a weekend toy as I get the bus to work everyday, so I fancy something with a lot of power - hence thinking of the Supra again!

So I thought I'd re-introduce myself and get some advice on buying the car!

Firstly, I'm not too sure on whether I should get a TT or N/A, I want a lot of power ideally so think TT would be best. Secondly, what are the going rate for one in decent nick? The seem to start from as low as £1500 as far as I can see, so I'm a little confused as to what should be paid for a decent TT or N/A. I don't really fancy spending more than £4000 to be honest.

Insurance for me is £500 for a TT, only £30 less for a N/A so that's not really an issue.

Any advice/tips at all?

So yeah, just thought I'd come back on here, say Hi to everyone again and try and learn a bit more about them before buying one :)

Guest Shammy

Hey, thanks for welcome :)

I'm kind of double minded about getting one now, I really want one but everyone keeps telling me it's a waster of money as I will never use it... which is true!

I'm tempted to get an N/A aerotop, and to buy it to occasionally take it on the track.

I think I need to get for a drive in one or something first to sort of 100% make my mind up of buying it!