The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steven's Red 5 Speed, Manual, N/A, J-Spec.

StevenOd

Hey guys! Not long joined the forum and got my first supra on the go [GRIN][/GRIN]

I'm 21 and based in Glasgow.

Its a 5 speed J-Spec manual non turbo in red,

May have been owned by a previous owner on here before as I found a mkivsupra business card in it! If anyone knows who it was let me know :) I bought it from a garage that someone had used it as a part ex change!

I'm also led to believe the car was imported around 2006 but the garage didnt have to much info.

Any ways here is some pics..

Headlights have suffered from years of oxidation, I'm currently awaiting a 3M headlight restoration kit to sort this out.

The car badly needs a paint correction, To many swirls for my liking! This will be getting sorted out first..

The car has a horrendous CD player ( Also has a mini cd player LOL ) in it at the moment, I've just bought a Pioneer AppRadio 2 SPH-DA100 from ebay along with all the leads needed to work with an iPhone 5, My plan is to fit an iPhone dock where the ashtray is located, Just awaiting the size dimensions from the suppliers as I could use a normal iPhone dock or an iPad mini dock!

More pics to follow, Still undecided what I want to do first but first of all I will be restoring the paint work, Carrying out a major service along with new pads and discs and a timing belt at some point!

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by StevenOd (see edit history)

Insurance was 1300, 1 years no claims, Had my license just coming up to 2 years. Where is the fog light situated in the uk specs?

They are built into the rear light cluster. J- spec has 2 tail lights each side glowing when lights are on, and UK- spec has one each side as the other 2 are the rear fogs. Think you can retrofit the j-spec rear lights to include a fog light, but don't know about the process.

Hey everybody.. Few updates!

New pioneer app radio 2 fitted.

Brand new in the box.

Horrendous Japanese radio, That has a mini disc player lol.

In the process of getting fitted..

Job complete! Excuse the messy wiring, Had to carry out a module update via usb so I could use my iPhone

Here is a preview of how I'm getting on with the paint restoration.

From this..

To this!

Let me know what you's all think ;)

Start of the paint restoration, More pics to follow will hopefully have finished by Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this breifly last night and had a right good nosey round it. Car is very nice and stock and a great platform to build on. Headlights have come up really well but start saving for facelift goodness lol.

Was good meeting you again Steven, I hope you do make it along to a good few meets for the banter and to pick our brains for info and advice.

...oh, and I want that black carpet in mine!!!!! :D

Thanks guys! I'll be at every meet don't worry! The head unit can do quite a lot of stuff but works best with a jail broken iPhone ( still waiting on a new jailbrake getting released ) it can play anything from your phone onto the screen with built in notifications, seen some videos of guys playing angry burds and Netflix from it, looks quite cool! I still need to wire up a parking brake bypass for it however been to busy!

Saw this breifly last night and had a right good nosey round it. Car is very nice and stock and a great platform to build on. Headlights have come up really well but start saving for facelift goodness lol.

Was good meeting you again Steven, I hope you do make it along to a good few meets for the banter and to pick our brains for info and advice.

...oh, and I want that black carpet in mine!!!!! :D

Black carpet makes so much difference, buy a bottle of dye or try and source a carpet and we will get it done.