The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra

Ian.

:)

As some may know I bought this from Sheefa (Greg) a few weeks ago. Loving it so far, it drive a lot like my old 350Z did :D

Spec when I bought it :)

Engine:

2997cc 2JZ-GTE Straight Six Twin Hybrid Turbo’s

HKS 4” Carbon Titanium Exhaust

Envy 3" Decats

Greddy 2 Row Intercooler

Greddy Expansion Tank

Greddy Dump Valve

Blitz LM Panel Filter

Silicone Hosing and Vac Pipes

Apexi Boost Gauge

Apexi Air Flow Controller

HKS EVC5 Boost Controller

AEM AFR Gauge

Thor Fuel Cut Defencer

Walbro Fuel Pump

NGK Spark Plugs

Blitz Oil Filter

TRD Oil Cap

New Halfords HCB005 Battery

Polished Inlet Manifold, Turbo Pipes and Hardpipe

Polished Fuse Box Cover, Ignitor Cover

Darnley Billet Brake Fluid, Washer Bottle & Power Steering Caps

Carbon Fibre Engine Cover

Carbon Fibre Slam Panel

Carbon Wrapped Inlet Duct & Carbon Battery Cover

Bonnet Dampers

Transmission:

Getrag V160 6 Speed Box

OEM NEW Clutch

OEM NEW dual mass Flywheel

OEM NEW pressure plate

APE Aluminium Shifter Bushes

Suspension:

Tein Flex Coilover System

Tein Performance Bar (Front)

Brakes:

TRD UK Spec Calipers All Round (Front 4Pot, Rear 2Pot)

Rotora Front Discs

OEM UK Spec Rear Discs

Chris Wilson Fast Road Brake Pads All Round

Goodrich Braided Hoses and DOT 5.1 Fluid

Wheels & Tyres:

GENUINE 18" BBS LM Two Piece Alloy Wheels

Reverse Mounted Faces with Silver Forged Bolts, Mirror Polished Lips Sealed With GTechniq C5 Wheel Armour

Falken 235/40/18 Front Tyres (will provide a VGC second hand set)

Pirelli P-Zero 265/35/18 Rear Tyres

Bodywork:

Full Respray in Ford GT Mustang Vista USA Pearl Blue

Bomex Lip Blended into OEM Front Bumper

TRD Sideskirts

Trial Rear Diffuser with support brackets

Rear Wing Removed & Smoothed

Removal & Smoothing of Rear Wiper & Aerial

Xenon HID Kit

Clear Facelift Indicators

New Facelift headlights

New Facelift Rear Lights with clear indicator conversion

Fog fitted into Rear Light Cluster via Heckler PCB mod

TRD Fuel cap

SRD Alloy Engine Undertray

Interior:

Bride Euro II Reclining Seats

Bride MO Type Rails

Carbon Wrapped Dash

Momo GTR-2 Gear Knob

Momo Handbrake Lever

Momo Race 3000 Steering Wheel

MVP Magnesium Alloy Dial Surrounds

TRD Speedhut Dial Conversion up to 220mph

Blue LED Dash Conversion

Apexi Boost Gauge

Pro Comp Oil Temp & Pressure Gauges

AEM AFR Gauge

Aluminium HC Benzels and Surrounds

Security:

Toad AI606 CAT 1 alarm/immobiliser

ICE:

Alpine D106 Flipout Screen & IPOD connector

Alpine Freeview Receiver

Alpine Bluetooth

Alpine SPS-171A 6.5" Component Front Speakers

Alpine SXE-1725S 6.5" 2-Way Rear Speakers

Autoleads Window Aerial

Fli Trap 12” Removable Active Subwoofer

Austec Dyno Results:

460.2 BHP & 481.0 LB/FT

I've got a few things planned for this year for it

Defi gauges (Boost, Oil Temp & oil pressure) seeing as the current oil temp gauge thinks my oil is at 150 degrees :blink:

HKS AFK (Have had this in my 350Z & my R34 and is now going in the Supra)

Pioneer F940BT head Unit

Pioneer GM-6500F Amplifier

Pioneer TS-WX77A Amplified Subwoofer (all the audio stuff was bought when I was originally getting a stock car :blush:

Dash panels are getting carbon dipped (Winter project)

Apexi power intake

Ridox front bumper. (Winter Project)

I've now started sorting out the audio equipment & wiring in the gauges & hopefully will have it all sorted by next weekend.

Next year I am planning on cams, Bigger injectors & a Syvecs & hopefully hitting 500hp:D

Edited by Ian. (see edit history)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations :thumbs:

Next year I am planning on cams, Bigger injectors & a Syvecs & hopefully hitting 500hp:D

That's a lot of cash for an extra 40hp, why stop there, fit a moderately sized single DBB turbo and really bring the car to life ;)

:( Miss her so much.

Glad she's in good hands though bud. Will be watching with great interest. Be careful about fitting an Apexi or other form of induction mate, it has been proven here time and time and time again that the stock airbox and ducting with just a decent Blitz panel filter or similar is much better at flowing cooler air.

Enjoy ;)

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Lovely car you've picked up there Ian :thumbs: but I always thought it had aftermarket cams?

Thanks

Not sure about the cams, theres nothing documented in the history folder but it does seem to have a bit of lope at idle so may well be - will check for sure before I spend the money

Congratulations

That's a lot of cash for an extra 40hp, why stop there, fit a moderately sized single DBB turbo and really bring the car to life

As tempted as a single is, I like the driveability of the twins :) Hopefully it will just be injectors & a remap - Not sure what the best value ECU is tbh, I'd love to go Syvecs but not sure I can justify the cost of it :(

One of my favourite Supras on the forum. Stunning colour too!

Colour is stunning in the flesh,

Miss her so much.

Glad she's in good hands though bud. Will be watching with great interest. Be careful about fitting an Apexi or other form of induction mate, it has been proven here time and time and time again that the stock airbox and ducting with just a decent Blitz panel filter or similar is much better at flowing cooler air.

Enjoy

Yeah I'm not convinced about the Apexi either after doing a bit of reading, gonna run it for a little while & see if it makes a difference, if not I'll go back to stock :)

update time :)

Been busy in the nights for the last week or 2 stripping out all the old audio and gauges.

Defi Gauges (Boost, Oil Temp & Oil Pressure)

HKS AFK is installed (LCD not on display yet because of a dodgy cable :banghead: )

Pioneer F940BT fitted

Pioneer big assed amp/sub fitted :D

I also fitted an Apexi filter

And then today gave her a bit of a wash after taking her on an early morning run ;)

Thats pretty much it now until Winter :) Just need to sort out my HKS gauge & tidy up the wiring in the engine a little bit.

Winter plans

Wheel refurb - Tempted to go all black or Gunmetal on them, polished lips are a bitch to keep clean - I knew there was a reason I'd never had polished wheels before :p

Ridox front bumper & CF lip

Dash either carbon dipped or wrapped in Alcantara

Still not 100% sure on the rear either - Tempted to get a stock bumper & fit a Top Secret Diffuser.

If I have enough left over then Cams (although the car may already have aftermarket cams), Injectors & a remap

Nice mate its looking great.

All the new gauges reading OK now, oil temps?

I agree too mate with keeping the twins. The driveability of her is brilliant the way she is and upping the power a little would be better.

Don't think it has aftermarket cams, sure it's stock.

• 3 weeks later...
Glad your looking after Odin.

Keep the trial rear though buddy. I think it looks awesome. Ridox front would be nice though :)

I'm definitely doing the TS diffuser :) I've wanted one on my last 3 cars :blush: Already got a stock rear bumper to go on at the end of the month.

Ridox front is a definite also, just deciding whether the CF lip is worth the extra or if the CF would be lost on the colour?

Low Boot Spoilers from Ibrar are nice mate - I was going to get one. Finishes the rear off nicely if you think it looks bare, or back to TRD maybe.

Agree with the Ridox, would look ace.

I was considering the small CF lip spoiler but I got myself a deal on a TRD wing :D I'm probably gonna look to get another bootlid though so I can switch between the 2 styles, I love the way it looks both wingless & TRD wing and don't wanna get stuck with only one choice :devil:

• 4 weeks later...

Winter is fast approaching & to save money for my winter plans, the Supra has now been declared sorn. I made a bit of a start a few weekends ago in stripping a few bits off & then today I popped down to see Paul at Whifbitz & pick up my new diffuser :D

Sneaky trial fit with my new wing aswell

My exhaust does need adjusting a bit so that the diffuser clears it properly, its a shame that the wing isn't a few shades lighter because it would have been a perfect match :(

I'm hoping to pick up a cheap spare hatch aswell so that I can alternate between big wing & wingless

Ridox bumper coming as soon as someone buys my Bomex lip with stock bumper (hint hint :blush:)

Quite tempted to get a TS style bonnet aswell but I think the money will be better used towards a single conversion :D

• 2 months later...

Long time since an update :blink:

I sold the TRD wing & will instead buy a small lip spoiler.

Custom vented bonnet fitted

Got some aerocatches to replace the cheapy latches already fitted.

Also got my dash wrapped in Suede, new gear knob & steering wheel fitted. I've still got a few interior things to do - Need to relocate the TCS button, change the dash lights to blue & buy a new shifter boot.

Ridox front bumper should be here in the next couple of weeks along with a few CF touches for the engine bay :D

Will be going off to whifbitz once its been painted to have the EVC & SAFC setup again & hopefully will get Paul to chuck some cams in at the same time :D