The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diff mounts to small?

fruity_south

Hi guys, hope someone can fill me in on this.

Basically I am missin a diff mount (single bolt) which a friend of mine discovered. Now I ordered the alloy ones from eBay but the one that's missing seems to small. Am I missing something else? The other standard one (two bolts looks like there's something else other then the mount like a metal ring.

Pics here if that helps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374927073.758965.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374927089.157040.jpg

N/A's only came with the one mount you have, so its not missing as such. You can order the second diff mount from toyota, its about £30 if i remember rightly, I have the part number kicking about somewhere I'll see if I can find it

That explains it then, as it just cant fall out :)

These are the part numbers off toyodiy.com for my car not sure if different on yours.

1993 TOYOTA SUPRA (JZA80-AJPZZ) GZ JPN AET 2JZGTE TWT ATM 4FC

I would think its a complete rubber bush including the inner and outer steel rings the rubber centre is bonded to.

41110S BOLT, NO.2 (FOR REAR DIFFERENTIAL CARRIER SET)

90110-14003 1 $4.19

41651A CUSHION, REAR DIFFERENTIAL MOUNT, NO.2

41651-14020 1 $117.78

I've just changed both of these in mine after having the subframe shot blasted and powder coated. PITA to get in as they are a press fit and extremely tight

Yeah Chris Wilson recommends removing the subframe and using a hydraulic press to fit these properly, I haven't actually tried to fit mine yet!

These are the part numbers off toyodiy.com for my car not sure if different on yours.

1993 TOYOTA SUPRA (JZA80-AJPZZ) GZ JPN AET 2JZGTE TWT ATM 4FC

I would think its a complete rubber bush including the inner and outer steel rings the rubber centre is bonded to.

41110S BOLT, NO.2 (FOR REAR DIFFERENTIAL CARRIER SET)

90110-14003 1 $4.19

41651A CUSHION, REAR DIFFERENTIAL MOUNT, NO.2

41651-14020 1 $117.78

These numbers are correct, the mounts are the same on all Supra models, but as said some models only came factory fitted with a single mount.

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5831/wh1d.jpg

Cheers. I. Still wondering if these are suppose to sit over the rubber ones though as if you are saying that there is a metal ring that runs round the edge of them then on removing the old ones the space is going to be to big for me to fit these. I think this is a job for when I have a weekend clear!

Link to the ebay mounts?

They look pretty, but are you sure they aren't supposed to be welded in place?

I've just fitted a genuine mount to my NA subframe, it can be done with removing the subframe, or the use of a big hammer (which is not recommended), but my method does involve removing the fuel tank and a fairly meaty example of a bearing puller.

Hi guys, hope someone can fill me in on this.

Basically I am missin a diff mount (single bolt) which a friend of mine discovered. Now I ordered the alloy ones from eBay but the one that's missing seems to small. Am I missing something else? The other standard one (two bolts looks like there's something else other then the mount like a metal ring.

Pics here if that helps

[ATTACH]172940[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]172941[/ATTACH]

Those things you bought off Ebay are probably a cheap way of effectively making the stock rubber bushes solid, by locking them up by clamping force. You MUST NOT, NOT *NOT* fit them unless the front mounts on the diff are also solid. I would just buy the "missing" bush from Toyota and fit it the correct way up, as per the shop manual, and leave it be.