The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quadcopter photography

FOSTA

Hey guys, seen these being used at Nissan drift show not long back, they got some fantastic footage of the drifting and it made me want one so bad!

So here it is :

With my Sony attached:

And with the go pro:

And here is my first video testing the go-pro, now I need more practice at keeping it stable and smooth and I'm waiting on a extra transmitter and reciver so I can fly FPV. I have a monitor for it now and it can be wired to the go-pro for live feed so with me flying as if I'm in the cockpit I can go much higher and more further a field :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's bloody brill fosta. Could be very useful on my farm. So questions......What does FVP mean. Where did you buy it. How much was the machine, Go pro etc. How far from the helicopter can you fly with the transmitter. Great video and music. cheers Ray

That is awesome.

I've always wanted to try FPV (from Pilots View) , but going out of range would be so easy :D. There's some great videos on youtube of people flying miles away, even crossing other countries.

Must of cost a bomb that set-up.

Please keep me posted, how you get on with FPV.

I've filmed loads with helicopters, but those quads are so stable. Perfect for film.

That's bloody brill fosta. Could be very useful on my farm. So questions......What does FVP mean. Where did you buy it. How much was the machine, Go pro etc. How far from the helicopter can you fly with the transmitter. Great video and music. cheers Ray

Cheers ray ;)

Ok FPV is FIRST PERSON VEIW / FROM PILOTS VEIW. So you get a live feed as if your flying from inside the air craft, its like playing a video game and makes it alot easier to fly from high altatude a and far distances.

These cost £230 for just the copter, you then need 6ch transmitter and reciver around £140 depending what you buy, then you need a decent battery £50 and a balance charger £50, the twin acix camera gimbal that hangs under the copter for the camera to sit on costs £100 and the go-pro black hero 3 costs around £300.

So by the time I pieced this altogether it looks like nearly £900

If you have done Rc aviation before the chances are you will have a transmitter and a reciver you can take off another aircraft to use. Then all you need is a suitable battery and charger if you just want to fly around ( no photography ) then your looking at just over £300.

There is full kits out there that include the go pro Camara but they tend to be the higher class quadcopter DJI phantom, I've seen them for sale as a full ready to fly kit with photography and FPV for around £1400 I believe .

You can get these off eBay and many model shops sell them. :)

I'm getting one just waiting for the new dji phantom vision to come out later this month check them out amazing piece of kit

Yeah ive seen them they are the unreal! I just didn't have the extra money at the time but they are a hell of alot more stable and come with GPS for fail safe!

Can you believe that! It actually flys back to you if you run out of range or your battery runs out on your transmitter.

Oh, Is there any way you can remove the skids?? They're a bit of a distraction on the video.

He could zoom in a tad with his first digital camera and lose the skids from the frame.

With the go pro, I guess another workaround would be required as I believe they have fixed wide angle lenses.

Edit: I see you can get zoom lens options for go pro.

The best option would be to not have the skids protruding in front in the first place.

Cheers Fosta........very interesting. just watched that video about the Phantom vision which looks brill. Its out very shortly so I will have a look to see what price they put on them. Would be great if you could add a pre-recorded message to it.......like....... get off my.... kin land or have you bought a ticket to fish today.

He could zoom in a tad with his first digital camera and lose the skids from the frame.

With the go pro, I guess another workaround would be required as I believe they have fixed wide angle lenses.

Edit: I see you can get zoom lens options for go pro.

The best option would be to not have the skids protruding in front in the first place.

Nail on the head lbm, I can just pull the skids back so they are out the frame :)

That location is brilliant for driving. Can we come down and have a go? Also, what song accompanied that video?

It's called "sail" by Awolnation mate, and yes of corse you can have a go but bring £800 down with you incase you brake it or carsh it into the lake lol ;)