The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Import - UK Spec, help!

StevenOd

Hey everyone, pick up my first supra on Saturday and it was a jap import, I'm just wanting to know is there is any parts different from the uk spec before I start ordering service parts etc. First of all I will be carrying out a major service, oil filter plugs etc and pads and discs all around just don't want to order the wrong parts and want to make sure I've got the right ones. Any help would be great thanks!

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the club.

There are quite a few differences between a Jspec TT and a UK.

First of all the UK's all have the larger 4 piston front brakes and 2 piston rear brakes, which were an option on the JSpec.

The UK runs on a MAF sensor, as opposed to prefacelift Jspec's which run on a MAP sensor.

Spark Plugs, oil and fluids should be similar.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?59334-Supra-Guide-and-Model-Differences-Chart

That's a guide to the differences between them, but I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.

For brake pads and discs, you need to check if they're the larger brakes (commonly called UK Spec brakes) or the smaller (J-spec) ones. Either 4 pot front, 2 pot rear or 2 pot front and 1 pot rear :)

There are a lot of smaller things but I can't remember specifics. Stuff like extra bits in the engine bay, diff coolers and stuff. Extra fuses and ecu etc is different. Different injectors, seats. Bumpers, headlights, bonnet. But as far as servicing items. I think they are the same as long as you get the correct pads

In basic term, a lot of parts are the same on the UK and J-spec Supras and a lot of parts are specific to the particular model/year. Any UK Toyota dealer can supply you with OEM parts for any Supra, be it UK or J-spec.

Most service parts such as plugs, fluids, filters, brake parts etc. are common across Supra models. If you are looking for a specific OEM Toyota part, then the best thing to do is give the VIN details of your car to a Toyota dealer and they will be able to look up on their Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC) for the exact part number you need. Alternatively you could just ask on here and one of us with a copy of the EPC will be able to help with part numbers.

If you have a list of parts you need, post it up and we'll be able to give you an idea of what you need and where best to get the part.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)