The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tips on Launching RZ

tenside

Hi All

I plan on putting my supra RZ on the track for the very first time and therefore require some tips..

What would be the best launch? Any tips/guidelines how to launch? what to look out for etc.

I currently have a set of 18" tyres on it.

Thanks in advance.

Lose the 18"s for a start...15" rears if possible running low 20s psi.

There are a huge number of factors re suspension set up and damper settings...for drag racing you will want a soft rear setting to stop you hopping and apply as much grip through the tyres as you can.

Then you can consider weight saving as obviously a lighter car will pull away faster.

Do you have any launch control system fitted or even a line lock kit to aid heating the tyres before your launch!?

Soooo many factors buddy, but I'm sure a few more will pitch in their point of view.:)

Not really mate...just practice! Get the feel for your car of the line and gradually build up the revs on each run to see what you feel is the best...optimum revs for changes etc will depend on the spec of your engine and clutch!

Best bit of advice is just to have fun with it mate. The more serious you try to be the more mistakes you will probably make....that and practice, practice, practice!;)

One question that I don't think has been asked, Manual or Auto? if Auto Brake boost (foot on brake) hold the revs at about 2000rpm then launch, if your manual I'd say try launching at around 3.5-4k

Best of luck

DO you need to put an auto into manu mode too?

If its your first time you don't need to waste time and money on radials, dampers, springs, line lock or launch control. The fact he is a newbie at it means your technique is going to be all over the place anyway. get to a point your putting down consistant times on your normal setup before tou change anything.

Just get out there, do lots of runs and experiment.