The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk man tt

leeg

Guest Budz86

Wouldn't worry about the miles mate. If its been looked after and regularly serviced it will be fine. General condition of the car will tell you the kind of owners it's had, poor condition will probably mean poor maintenance. Read the guides in the faq section to get an idea of what to look for specifically and judge each car on it's own merits.

There's so few about, you can't be too choosy. The mileage isn't really the biggest thing to check, it's how it's been maintained and whether the bodywork is on good condition.

So to answer your question, 100k+ on a well maintained car should be fine.

Thanks a lot guys, it just seems a lot when you see over 100000 miles but like ya say, it's how it's done those miles. I want to buy one and garage it for the future. Obviously a manual will be worth more than an auto but how much?

Thanks a lot guys, it just seems a lot when you see over 100000 miles but like ya say, it's how it's done those miles. I want to buy one and garage it for the future. Obviously a manual will be worth more than an auto but how much?

These engines have been known to push well over 200,000 miles, so I wouldn't worry about mileage.

I'd be willing to pay £10k on a nice UK TT6.

At least £9k for a UK manual, UK autos tend to start at around £5k.

Buuuuut...... A clean, low mileage 6 speed import will be a far better investment than a high miles, rusty UK car, and available for the same money.

I suspect you're looking at UKs because of insurance :)

These engines have been known to push well over 200,000 miles, so I wouldn't worry about mileage.

I'd be willing to pay £10k on a nice UK TT6.

Ok thanks, I've seen one in teal green is it? And it's 11000 with 122000. Just don't like the colour. And a red one with 102000. But it's up for 15000? What do you think on them?

At least £9k for a UK manual, UK autos tend to start at around £5k.

Buuuuut...... A clean, low mileage 6 speed import will be a far better investment than a high miles, rusty UK car, and available for the same money.

I suspect you're looking at UKs because of insurance :)

Well looking at the uk one for future investment. I have a 98 vvti auto already, but yeah, would rather a manual

Ok thanks, I've seen one in teal green is it? And it's 11000 with 122000. Just don't like the colour. And a red one with 102000. But it's up for 15000? What do you think on them?

Depends on the condition, and mods.

These days, I think a stock UK TT6 has a higher premium than a modified one.

IMO, a late manual VVTi would be a much better buy than a uk spec as an investment, ideally an RZ with all the toys.

The problem is that most UKs are going to need welding at some point - unavoidable now as the damage will have already been done.

I know the two you mean, ones from Paul Brown and horrendously overpriced! the other one is a storm blue TT6, but those wheels make me want to vomit, could always change the colour ;D but would mean the car isn't worth as much J_jza80 why do you think that a 6 speed import would be worth more than a UK6? Just curious as I was also thinking of buying a UK6 as an investment.

IMO it would have to be a 2002 plate last of the line if it was going to be an import as other than that they are nothing special compared to other supras from an investment point of view. These and UK6's would be good investments but if you could get your hands on a factory trd then you'd be on to a winner.

I thought the UKs got the premium by virtue of their attractiveness to the European market compared to the jap imports.

Yes but at present Europe is in a mess so values are static as no one is buying, you still can't legally import a JSpec for road use in France but some people have found ways to get round this usually by never registering the car and keeping it on UK plates.

I thought the UKs got the premium by virtue of their attractiveness to the European market compared to the jap imports.

The reason that UKs originally held a premium was because of much reduced insurance, and full dealer support. The European buyers came later.

I know the two you mean, ones from Paul Brown and horrendously overpriced! the other one is a storm blue TT6, but those wheels make me want to vomit, could always change the colour ;D but would mean the car isn't worth as much J_jza80 why do you think that a 6 speed import would be worth more than a UK6? Just curious as I was also thinking of buying a UK6 as an investment.

Collectors want low mileage and immaculate condition. Most UK cars have seen too man winters now, a fresh import that is garaged in anything but good summer weather will still look like new in years to come.

The last thing a collector wants is to look beneath a car and see evidence of welding.

That's the ones, and yeah frost blue not green lol. Maybe get a uk auto with lowish miles and convert it then? The one from Paul brown in the red looks stunning from the outside but I think there's a thread on here about him somewhere not rating him too well. There are plenty of autos still around at the mo though.

That's the ones, and yeah frost blue not green lol. Maybe get a uk auto with lowish miles and convert it then? The one from Paul brown in the red looks stunning from the outside but I think there's a thread on here about him somewhere not rating him too well. There are plenty of autos still around at the mo though.

You really need to not let the mileage play too much of a factor as it could mean on you missing out on a lot of good cars. But that said on UK cars the mileage is more so important than on a jspec as a lot have seen the UK winters which a lot have said above.

If you are buying as an investment buying an auto and converting it wouldn't be the best bet as it is then not a genuine TT6 in terms of chassis plate etc which in investment terms wouldn't make sense :)

For an investment, depending on how long you have it for, you definitely want a facelift J-Spec 6-Speed, this is down to the fact that the US market will go crazy over the J-Specs as soon as they can get them there legally, they won't be bothered about the UK specs.