The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much does a pair of De-Cat pipes for UK spec cost?

carl0s

Actually, I mean to ask where is the cheapest place to buy them. Am I right in thinking they're different for the UK-spec?

Also I'll be hoping to get a Tanaba Super Racing Medalion cat-back exhaust. Is there anything I need to be aware of with my car being UK and not Jap-spec?

cheers

Originally posted by carl0s

Actually, I mean to ask where is the cheapest place to buy them. Am I right in thinking they're different for the UK-spec?

Also I'll be hoping to get a Tanaba Super Racing Medalion cat-back exhaust. Is there anything I need to be aware of with my car being UK and not Jap-spec?

cheers

chris wilsons decat pipes come highly recommended,about £300 for both. the uk spec has a 2nd sensor in the 2nd pipe whereas the j spec doesnt. i also think but am not sure that the 1st pipe mounting flanges are different

ouch £300. So if I can get some kind of double-decat pipe for £150 I should probably go for it?

to get to the bolts at the turbo end of the car is a major pain in the arse so people go with the double decat as come mot time they just replace the 2nd cat. if you dont mind the extra work once a year go for a single pipe and put both cats back in at mot time

ok I understand. I think my MOT bloke would be friendly with me, but we'll see.

I've been offered a 3" stainless-steel de-cat pipe that does both cats, for UK spec, for £150.

Is 3" what I want? Restrictor ring isn't needed on the UK spec is it.

ooooh power. i'm getting excited :D

ok I understand. I think my MOT bloke would be friendly with me, but we'll see.

I've been offered a 3" stainless-steel de-cat pipe that does both cats, for UK spec, for £150.

Is 3" what I want? Restrictor ring isn't needed on the UK spec is it.

ooooh power. i'm getting excited :D

restrictor ring definitely not needed. with my boost controller turned off with full decat and nur spec i only get just over 0.8bar.