The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My DK supra - Now BPU'd & lowered!

kitch79

Well, after waiting what feels like forever (12 weeks) - my supra finally arrived on uk soil last week and I picked it up saturday :-)

And saturday was actually the first time I'd sat in a supra, never mind drive one lol.

Im very happy, not just with the drive, but the look, condition, and speed ;-)

All I intend on doing at the moment is swap the wheels (which Ive already done) from stock 16's to the Work VS-MS 18's you see on the car in the photos, and fit the active front spoiler which I bought months ago.

Still a little nervous on bends, as Ive only ever drove a NA MR2 when it comes to rear wheel drive car, and I once span that in winter! So for obvious reasons, taking my time getting used to this.

Later this year I intend to lower it slightly, install a Blitz exhaust, and a Blitz air filter. Oh and a better stereo... cant even get Radio 1 on this stock JDM rad ha.

Next year Id like to go BPU, and thats all Ive got in my head at the mo. Although I do like the TRD half carbon rear spoiler, and carbon wing mirrors ;-)

Happy days... shame its been cloudy since I picked it up lol

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

988243_395673653870531_1570586032_n.jpg

Edited by kitch79
It arrived 9 month ago, title needed an update (see edit history)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh Westy, day in day out checked the auction page link on his website for a good, 6/8 month, bid on various things, GT4, DC5, and 3 or 4 supra, until this one caught my eye, all stock with only 26k miles :-)

And won it! much to my surprise ha.

Jurgen and his crew have a dream job!

Guest Woods1

Can I ask how much you paid for this all in to import as that's exactly the supra I want as I'm a looking into buying a supra in the next couple of weeks.

If you prefer to pm me then please do

Looks clean! Did Jurgen get this for you!? Fresh import!?

Actually, it was your thread with your 1A1 anthracite JM supplied supra, that convinced me my work wheels would fit!

If I remember correctly yours have an offset of 30, and fit perfect with no arch roll, so I knew my 31 offset would fit too :-)

so thanks for that thread :D

Can I ask how much you paid for this all in to import as that's exactly the supra I want as I'm a looking into buying a supra in the next couple of weeks.

If you prefer to pm me then please do

I'd be keen to know too If I may ask.

Looks good :thumbs:

I'd keep the stock air box though and chuck a K&N panel in there. Much better than an aftermarket induction ;)

Thanks.

Really, 2nd to have said keep stock... hmmm. I thought the Blitz advanced power induction kit was and looked the bees knees, maybe not :S

Thanks.

Really, 2nd to have said keep stock... hmmm. I thought the Blitz advanced power induction kit was and looked the bees knees, maybe not :S

The stock system has two air feeds from outside the engine bay, sucking in COLD air. Any aftermarket induction sucks air in from INSIDE the engine bay, which is a lot warmer. Cold temps = better performance ;)

The stock system has two air feeds from outside the engine bay, sucking in COLD air. Any aftermarket induction sucks air in from INSIDE the engine bay, which is a lot warmer. Cold temps = better performance ;)

arrrh got ya!

Well it'll save me 400 quid too! so thats bonus :)

:yeahthat:

Congratulations, it looks like a really genuine tidy example :thumbs:

Still a little nervous on bends, as Ive only ever drove a NA MR2 when it comes to rear wheel drive car, and I once span that in winter! So for obvious reasons, taking my time getting used to this.

It's good to be cautious until you know the car well, take your time, try and find somewhere big and open that you can test the levels of wet/dry grip, throttle control, braking, steering etc. start at relatively slow speeds in 1st and 2nd gear. Gradually you'll learn the limits of traction and how when the back end does let go (and it will) how to keep it under control. Properly set up with decent suspension and tyres and an experienced driver a Supra can be thrown around with a lot of confidence.

If it hasn't already been done I'd get the alignment checked/adjusted and make sure you have good quality tyres and that the brakes are working well. That £400 you were going to spend on an induction kit you may want to think about investing in Racelogic traction control. http://www.racelogic.co.uk/index.php/en/other-products/traction-control

If you think the car feels quick now wait until you up the boost with BPU mods, it really brings the car to life.

Aye, that's a peach. :thumbs:

Love the plans as well, active spoiler will finish the front off nicely. I'd do BPU mods and add set of OEM recaros, then just enjoy it it. :)

Nice mileage as well.

Well, I had planned on OEM recaros, but I was pleasantly surprised how comfy these are, so for now, Ill stick with them. Loved my ITR DC2 recaros tho!