The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust and induction.

mac79

Stock Air Box with a decent panel filter and perhaps a Whifbitz single box exhaust. Or if you want to spend a bit more (having saved on the induction) get a Blitz Nur Spec R or a HKS Hi Silent Power or a Boost Logic :eyebrows:

Keep the stock airbox set up that has 2 cold air feeds from outside the engine bay

and use either stock filter with Apexi or a K & N panel filter.

The exhaust will depend on whether you want noise or not and if you plan to up the

boost to around 1.2 bar

As above really, stock air box with a K&N panel filter would be (and is lol) my choice.

In terms of exhaust, if you plan on decatting the car but don't like noise and at the same time want to avoid restricting the flow I'd say go for a Whifbitz 3" twin box catback. If you want noise then the 4" HKS Ti, Boostlogic or Whitbitz systems will be the answer :)

Even though they are jap brakes so far so good with the stopping. Its going into mrtwos on friday for a once over just to make sure nothing is going to catch me out.

I am after a bit on noise, i used to have a mongoose system on my mr2 so i am after a good rumble.

what about the one keron is offering? never heard of them.

There's a thread on here (that I can never find) with videos of all different types of exhausts on Supras.

Also check YouTube for videos to get an idea. I looked for ages and my favourite sound was the Blitz Nur Spec R, so I got one :)

There's a thread on here (that I can never find) with videos of all different types of exhausts on Supras.

Also check YouTube for videos to get an idea. I looked for ages and my favourite sound was the Blitz Nur Spec R, so I got one :)

I am in wolves if you are not to far away i could grab a listen?

what about the one keron is offering? never heard of them.

Kakimoto is a very good quality Japanese exhaust manufacturer, their exhausts usually sound good without being too loud. Make sure it's the 80mm version designed specifically for the 2JZ-GTE, as they also make a smaller 70mm diameter exhaust for the 2JZ-GE.

More details here:

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/01-01-01_t1.html#JZA80_T

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image_t21345.html

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image_ts345.html

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I am in wolves if you are not to far away i could grab a listen?

I'm in Halesowen :)

If you type "Supra nur spec R" into YouTube, I've got a few videos of mine (josh3sheets) and there's one on there that someone off this forum made of it idling, driving normally and at WOT down a road which is the one that made up my mind.

But yeah, if you want to hear it in person, I'm sure that could be arranged :)

Even though they are jap brakes so far so good with the stopping. Its going into mrtwos on friday for a once over just to make sure nothing is going to catch me out.

I am after a bit on noise, i used to have a mongoose system on my mr2 so i am after a good rumble.

I've got a Mongoose system on my car and it's a bit too tame sounding and looking for my liking but it's staying put got now as I've spent a fortune on the car in the last couple of months, otherwise I'd have Keron's Kakimoto off him in a flash as had one of those on my last Supra.