The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engines

Guest Bumblebee25

Guest Bumblebee25

Is there any good places that sell a non turbo engine that fits an auto gear box. Thinking of getting a spare and doing a na-t project but don't wanna keep the car off the road as I use it everyday. So want a new engine to work on at the weekends

Is there any good places that sell a non turbo engine that fits an auto gear box. Thinking of getting a spare and doing a na-t project but don't wanna keep the car off the road as I use it everyday. So want a new engine to work on at the weekends

Why not just fit a 2JZ-GTE engine?

Yeah this it would be so much cheaper in the long run

I don't know about that really I know plenty of people who have gone N/A to TT and gone through a small fortune doing it, N/A-t may actually be better, at least N/A engines are cheap whereas a TT engine is circa 2k and more if things like the head or bottom end end up needing a rebuild

I don't know about that really I know plenty of people who have gone N/A to TT and gone through a small fortune doing it, N/A-t may actually be better, at least N/A engines are cheap whereas a TT engine is circa 2k and more if things like the head or bottom end end up needing a rebuild

I'm thinking of looking in to it, seen a few people doing it but just hanging back until someone gets the rite reliable combination.

There will always be unforeseen costs involved with doing either NA-TT swap or NA-T conversion. If you want a reliable car then on balance the 2JZ-GTE swap should be a lot cheaper.

Saying that, the cheapest and best solution is to sell the NA and buy a TT Supra. :)

You can spend a fortune going NA-T, NA-TT or even spend a fortune buying another Supra TT that is a dog. Either way, you can end up spending more than you expected/budgeted for. Overall I'd say selling and buying a TT is the cheapest 95% of the time.

Having said that some of us love our cars and don't want to sell them, some of us like to 'DIY' things and enjoy the learning curve, some of us just want to be different (V8 swaps etc.) and lets face it.. if we were all taking the sensible option we probably wouldn't have Supras in the first place. At least the last bit applies to me, but I'm only young once.

There will always be unforeseen costs involved with doing either NA-TT swap or NA-T conversion. If you want a reliable car then on balance the 2JZ-GTE swap should be a lot cheaper.

Saying that, the cheapest and best solution is to sell the NA and buy a TT Supra. :)

That's it Nic, if you want turbo power, buy a TT outright :)

Iam a d.i.y er so want to do it all my self plus I love doing stuff like that anyway

I am very much the same, have a read through my thread that is linked in my sig, it follows my DIY NA-T build as you get further through the thread :) It's very rewarding and you learn a lot! Mine isn't up and running yet but it's not too far away now.