• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good man rog

I only sell or buy from long term members

Sounds a bit harsh but only way to be safe

I am pretty sure the way they were going through the Wanted Section and Emailing one after another, that someone is going to get ripped of if they try and buy something from them

Only other explanation is they are a Trader of some sort, I can't believe theey have all the bits they were looking through

- - - Updated - - -

They are still going through the Wanted Section now

Good man rog

I only sell or buy from long term members

Sounds a bit harsh but only way to be safe

I got stun by a fairly new club member so will be sticking to long term members too.

Thanks for the heads up Rog :thumbs:

Nearly got caught out by a scammer on Driftworks in the same way last week.

Stopping non-members from posting an email address in a pm would help prevent this. The scammer that contacted me also used a gmail account.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?293309-Driftworks-Scammer-Alert&highlight=driftworks

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

In case some don't know this, if someone asks you to send a Pay Pal payment as a gift (to avoid charges) it completely voids the payees Pay Pal payment insurance. Never send a Pay Pal payment as a gift to someone you do not know or trust as you will have no comeback if things go wrong and will not get your money back.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Has anyone got an actual e-mail off this person in e-mail format? If so I might be able to do some work.

Abz the email I got says from "drdr- mkivsupra.net" not sure exactly what that means but I can forward you one of his emails he's sent? That is if its any good.

Abz the email I got says from "drdr- mkivsupra.net" not sure exactly what that means but I can forward you one of his emails he's sent? That is if its any good.

Nah that won't be any good as that will have come from mkivsupra.net

The guy on Driftworks that tried to scam me used this email address [email protected]

Hey Nic, can't do much with the e-mail address, need an actual e-mail as it will then contain header information which I go through.