The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I looking for the Holy Grail. . . .

Guest e12_mat

Guest e12_mat

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the great information and advice that's posted on the forum.

I'm looking for a Uk 6 Speed standard car in Black and preferably purchased from a forum member as opposed to a trader.

There seem to be a lot in auto or manual and red.

Do you think I'm just being too picky?, happy to pay a premium for the right car.

They do exist but you're lucky to find many standard cars now. If you're prepared to wait long enough I'm sure you'll find the perfect car. As said try JM Imports and keep an eye on the classifieds section.

Welcome to the forum.

There's one in the classifieds for £12,000. Black Uk Spec Manual but it's a single turbo and far from standard.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?276837-Black-1995-UK-6-Speed-Single-Turbo

As of March 2013 there are 10 Black UK Manual 6 Speeds in the UK of which I can confirm 6 are still here and 4 are in the club. 2 are relatively standard bar exhausts and wheels, 2 are not and are heavily modified. There is only one for sale at this moment in time and that is the one listed above.

Guest e12_mat

Tyson that's brilliant cheers for the info.

I didn't realise there were so few, I might have to be a bit more realistic because I would like one this year! lol

I'm looking for a Uk 6 Speed standard car in Black and preferably purchased from a forum member as opposed to a trader.

Why limit yourself to a UK Supra? There were only around 600 UK Supras sold many of which were autos and all were pre-facelift models. You'll have FAR more chance of finding a good J-spec Supra in the spec you are looking for.

Guest e12_mat

Thanks for the recommendation I've been in contact with Jurgen.

The reason why I was thinking about a UK car was the lower insurance, glass head lights, bigger brakes, steel turbos and I suppose the relative rarity.

In terms of budget, my limit is 15k

Thanks for the recommendation I've been in contact with Jurgen.

The reason why I was thinking about a UK car was the lower insurance, glass head lights, bigger brakes, steel turbos and I suppose the relative rarity.

In terms of budget, my limit is 15k

If you have £15K to spend, insurance shouldn't be an issue.

The facelift headlights look far better IMO. New UK spec glass headlights are relatively cheap to buy new if you want them and are a straight swap.

All UK spec Supras were fitted with the larger brakes. The J-spec Supra was fitted with both brake sizes, but there were far more J-spec Supras factory fitted with the larger brakes than all of the UK Spec Supras ever sold. All facelift TT's came with the larger brakes as standard.

The UK steel turbos are smaller and spool up slower than the lighter weight J-spec turbos.

UK Supras are far rarer.

If I had £15K to spend on a Supra it wouldn't be on a UK spec, I would import a low mileage, pristine, late model facelift 2000+ J-spec.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

If you have £15K to spend, insurance shouldn't be an issue.

The facelift headlights look far better IMO. New UK spec glass headlights are relatively cheap to buy new if you want them and are a straight swap.

All UK spec Supras were fitted with the larger brakes. The J-spec Supra was fitted with both brake sizes, but there were far more J-spec Supras factory fitted with the larger brakes than all of the UK Spec Supras ever sold. All facelift TT's came with the larger brakes as standard.

The UK steel turbos are smaller and spool up slower than the lighter weight J-spec turbos.

UK Supras are far rarer.

If I had £15K to spend on a Supra it wouldn't be on a UK spec, I would import a low mileage, pristine, late model facelift 2000+ J-spec.

:yeahthat:

After seeing a few underneath I'd agree, including the one RobD was breaking which had a hole in the passenger floor :D

the cheeper insurance thing is a myth. more places will insure you on an unmodified car. or should i say will give you a quote. But somewhere that will probably give you a better price like sky, or adrian flux know the cars are exactly the same in terms of risk. i went from £1200 after my accident in my uk spec. to £1400 on a jspec single turbo.

go compare want £9999 to insure my uk spec with bpu mods.