The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Low boost NA-T Build

bluedrag

Hey guys, so i thought it was about time i started my NA-T build finally and have ahd a good start so far with getting the manifold installed and removing a fair bit of unessisary c**p around the motor (pics to come soon)

last night i managed to get my oil return drilled out bt just wondering is 10mm a big enough drain size? as to get it any bigger id really need to take the motor out which i am loath to do at this point

cheers pics to come tonight after work

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you really need to remove the lower sump pan , you can and many have drilled with it in place but there are huge risks with kicking debris into your oil. You could tap the top of the sump towards the back where the cast meets the lower oil pan you can then place a fitting and run the oil return to that.....this method allows for engine and oil pan to remain in the car ( oil pan just moved our the way to not drop debris in) this is how i did mine as i wanted to see if there was a better method...

thanks guys fo input i ended up just undoing the engine mounts and raised the motor a good 5 inches and managed to get a decent sized drill into it ( a lot of cutting compund was used to catch swarf =) ), if anyone has a link to a thread on where to run intercooler piping it would be muchly appreciated if you could post it here =) pics up later tonight

yea i took ur guys advice and am now a paid member =) so far the NA-T thread has been a huge help in the last couple of hours and solved a couple of my more pressing issues so thanks for that, i will post pics once i find my camera cable so watch this space

yea i took ur guys advice and am now a paid member =) so far the NA-T thread has been a huge help in the last couple of hours and solved a couple of my more pressing issues so thanks for that, i will post pics once i find my camera cable so watch this space

Look forward to seeing some pics :)

probably a good idea for the feed Herb but not the Drain as th edrian needs to be gravity fed

Thanks fir the input, Fly....

So I'am not new to supras but kinda new to NA-T....

So basically, if doing na-t on the 2JZ-GE you need to take the engine out?

If you want to do it proberly without crap from drilling the hole in the engine?

So there's no way to undo the whole sump from beneath without pulling the engine I guess....

Thank, Herbert

If you want to do it proberly without crap from drilling the hole in the engine?

So there's no way to undo the whole sump from beneath without pulling the engine I guess....

Thank, Herbert

Pulling the engine out will save a load of trouble.

Or do what some of us members have done and buy an N/A engine to work on.

Got mine really cheap and did all the work while it was out.

But I have put in TT pistons, TT head gasket, ARP racing bolts, head studs etc.

Thank, Herbert

You can drop the front subframe apparently but it's easier to just pull the engine.

ok guys so here are some photos of what ive been up to so far

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/579232_508526025873006_1096683229_n.jpg

heres image of my car when it was altogether

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/3711/6kmv.jpg

went through the process of pulling all the front panels off

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/7656/xypm.jpg

forgot to get any images while removing exhaust manifolds etc but you probably have all seen one before so not a big deal =)

then went and mocked up turbo manifold and turbo to see where everything should be sitting

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/5088/s9qi.jpg

after coming across the dizzy cap hitting the turbo i decided to go the 4 Runner Dizzy route and have since gotten that bolted up nicely and just waiting on a 2nd #2 lead to be able to put leads back in

turbo all mounted after dizzy swap

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/6396/vdos.jpg

oil drian has been drilled just waiting on another drain flange to finish the drain lines and mount turbo properly

and thats about it for the last couple of days, will have a look at either drilling the union bolt or getting a already drilled one from toyota tomorrow

it also needs a really good clean in the engine bay so plz dont tell me to clean it =) i know its dirty and have got plans to get it clean once adjusties r in and i can roll it outside

hey thanks for that Rich, i have got new ones for it anyway but when i went to pull them off the other day they almost undid by hand so yea... a bit loose

not much got done today as i spent most of the day trying to track down a union bolt and plug lead #2 both to which i have found none of except from toyota nz which is very expensive =( i did however manage to finally finish up my drain line, just need to bolt turbo up and get correct length for it now then its on to the oil feed which i am going to run from a oil filter plate as i cant find a union bolt. so yea will keep ya all posted

Guest aspire
Pulling the engine out will save a load of trouble.

Or do what some of us members have done and buy an N/A engine to work on.

Got mine really cheap and did all the work while it was out.

But I have put in TT pistons, TT head gasket, ARP racing bolts, head studs etc.

why use TT head gasket al? wouldnt you be better off with the stock NA gasket, seeing as you have used TT rods and pistons?