The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent - Pic help please :)

letmeshowyou

Hi All,

So, really short notice on this, but I'm after a huge favour having spent probably 40+ hours searching myself, contacting various members, but not getting any real luck. Timescales are now really tight on this now, but what I need is a pic that meets the following criteria:

- A decent high res pic of a members Supra (Must be available in High res A5/300dpi)

- Must be a front view and show all of the car

- Strong preference that it's taken at a show, preferably on grass

- Mustn't be too busy in the fore/background

- Car will need space around it in the pic

- Preferably no people in it

- Pic must be taller than it is wide

- Must have permission to use the pic (musn't be any copyright issues... preferably something that doesnt need a credit if possible)

Sounds easy right? Unfortunately I've really struggled! So, what have people got?!

NB. I can't explain what it's for at the moment, but if its your car and pic, and you're not happy for it to be used for something (good, I promise) then please dont send! Note it will be promoting the club, so the prettier the car is the better!

Cheers,

Adi

Edited by letmeshowyou (see edit history)

No, I'm not a completely illiterate mutant who doesn't read things, that's why I asked the question. :rolleyes:

To me profile = side view but in the original post 'front view' is also specified. I read that, seeing as the term 'front view' comes after 'mostly profile' as being 'front quarter shot' as in mostly biased towards a side view but shot from the front of the car rather than the rear.

So :p right back atcha!

No, I'm not a completely illiterate mutant who doesn't read things, that's why I asked the question. :rolleyes:

To me profile = side view but in the original post 'front view' is also specified. I read that, seeing as the term 'front view' comes after 'mostly profile' as being 'front quarter shot' as in mostly biased towards a side view but shot from the front of the car rather than the rear.

I'd say you're right ;)

I have the last picture I posted in the picture of your car thread, but I doubt it's high resolution, and It's more front than side on.

I consider myself now fully informed on the differences between Front View and Profile :imsorry:

DodgyRog has a few photo's on grass if that is any help? I am sure they was takening from a frontal profile.

Failing that, when do you need this by? My car is currently away getting work done but hopefully be back next week so I can go & take a photo in high res for you? Do you have an example picture to give a rough guideline for the members who are looking at this thread Adi?

That's a real shame, but high res is one of the firm requirements unfortunately... Min 300dpi

Without wanting to appear a pedant 300dpi is only half the equation, you also need to state minimum size requirement for that to make any sense.

In simple terms I could have an image 900 pixels across and it would be 300ppi as long as I printed it at 3". realistically you want to specify a minimum number of pixels (assuming the original image has not been upsampled)

Mike

Sorry guys, to clarify. I was told profile. I assumed this meant side view. Turns out they wanted front view!

Mike, by all means be a pedant, I'm just going by what I was told :)

Hodge, that pic would be great if it showed more of the car; I'd really like to use yours but I've now got a really short amount of time to sort this. I've updated the first post based upon our convo.