The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Identify this exhaust?

Mk4Gaz

Hi guys, in planning my bpu upgrades, I've been thinking about getting a free flowing exhaust.

I had a look at the one fitted to my car today, and it looks like it may already be non standard (judging by pics I've seen), but I can't find any markings on it to suggest what it might be.

I've taken a couple of shots as best as I can, and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it?

Also, it appears that I already have a second decat, but is it essential that I also fit a first decat pipe for bpu?

Guest Benny9

Hi Gaz

Looks like a custom jobby but I may be wrong. Re bpu, yes you would need to get both de-cats with a restrictor ring. Check these links out, they really helped me get a better understanding of whats going on:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?94705-BPU-(Basic-Performance-Upgrade)

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35926-The-sequential-system

Good luck mate.

Thanks very much guys, any help appreciated as always :)

I had seen a link about bpu bits, but to be honest, I'm still getting my head around these cars - so there will probably be more questions yet!

Littler - there's definitely a decat pipe in place of the second cat, it's just a 'z' shaped pipe from the 1st cat to the back box pipework.

The current exhaust sounds really nice, it's virtually silent. What I didn't want to do, is gonout and buy something different if I don't need it - I like the look of the 4" outward rolled tip :)