The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some AEM questions

Jake

The AEM is a replacement ECU, right?

Does it fit to the standard ECU connectors or does it require some kind of adapter or harness butchering?

Have the previously discussed issues with the AEM and auto Supras been resolved?

The (30-1100) part number Paul E quoted in his thread is shown as for a Manual Transmission only on a lot of web sites. Is there a different model for auto Supras?

Also, I've seen 30-1100 advertised as for a 87/88 Supra Turbo. Is the the same one for the MKIII and the MKIV, or is the seller mistaken?

Thanks.

Guest Usmann A

AFAIK, the 1100 is the latest version out. and that it can do auto.

Any AEM P&P version can do auto, its a option setup within it, just like NOS, 2 stage, etc etc.

HTH

from their site:

"AEM’s Plug & Play Engine Management System (EMS) will forever change the way you look at and perform fuel injection tuning! This user-programmable system plugs directly into a vehicle’s factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring or hardware. (Some adapting hardware may be required for non-factory forced induction vehicles.) Windows™-based software (2000, NT, 98, 95, ME) makes the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. User-defined templates are easily configurable and enable tuners to establish “quick keys” to any pertinent information during the tuning process.The AEM EMS’s infinitely adjustable software allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately deliver proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for ANY boost level or operating condition".

Thanks guys. That clears up everything apart from this one:

Originally posted by Jake

Also, I've seen 30-1100 advertised as for a 87/88 Supra Turbo. Is the the same one for the MKIII and the MKIV, or is the seller mistaken?

And I've realised my mistake now. The MKIII has a 1110 part number and the MKIV has 1100.

I couldn't see the difference when I looked before

:doh:

Cheers