The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I feel a rise in Built engines ...

Guest Usmann A

Guest Usmann A

Hi all,

just some pics of what 2+bar worth of boost, and stock motor look like.

IMHO, the 2JZ stock rods are some of the nicest rods for a factory spec'd engine.

Here are the results ...

picture 127.jpg

Guest Usmann A

Yes stock rod bolts, means stock bottom end, ;) revs max were 7K.

took it too 7200 rpm once, but it gained no power(small intercooler possible slight valv bounce), hence 7k max.

boost was just over 2.1 bar.

totally untouched motor bar camshafts ..

brian, yes I do ,lol

Originally posted by Usmann A

just some pics of what 2+bar worth of boost, and stock motor look like.

Ali,

Just wondering.... You said before that this damage was caused by a failed oil pump, right? Would it be fair to say that this damage could have happened to a stock motor and that the 2+ bar was nothing to do with it?

Guest Usmann A

No Jake, that was first assumption, but when I took the head off, I could tell there was no shortage of oil.inspecting cams.

Once down to the bottom end, It was blatant that lack of oil wasnt th issue. It was mechaincal failure of rod bolts.

Yes Boost does not directly hurt a motor, due to compression stroke the load is not as high, as compresssion builds up slowly, and soon aftr TDC when the combustion has finished, th load changes from tensile to light compressive load.

If all is tuned right, as it doesnt put any extra comprssive loads on the rods, which see most stress at TDC on exhuast stroke.

But, you have to understand that the byproduct of big boost with big fuel, the right tuning= big power/torque, which is the force exerted on the crank by the rods on the power stroke.

Guest Usmann A

LOL- glad to be of help Mr Harwood :innocent: :D

Its certainly a way to go, the block is scrap, and changing everything on it, nothing remaining on the car which isnt new. absolulte entire rebuild, ancilleries etc.

havnt touched the Getrag. :sly: :D

Guest Usmann A

Yep, I agree. :thumbs:

ARPs seem to have served dudey well, howmany blocks you been through now dude? :p only joking :thumbs:

comparisons true, im not saying all 2JZs will fail as bad as this, but hey you never know. its good to see what works and what doesnt, for us its all about pushing, and testing to see the results.

:thumbs: