The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Millar's supra TT project

millar11

Well after buying this car at end of January I am eventually finding some time to start working on it.

This is my first supra and I must admit I have always wanted one and now I understand why!

Anyways to the car, it's a stock 93 jspec GZ TT. I had known about this car for a while as it sat 2 streets away from my dad's house. My friend worked with the previous owner (Richard) and had always told me how good a car it was. He knew a lot about the car as he went with Richard when he originally bought the car. He had it for 9yrs and was the 1st and only UK onwner since it was imported.

The car itself is solid, no rust, mechanically sound and a very good mileage of only 61k miles.

Unfortunately the car needed some TLC as it wasn't driven much over a 2 year period, and as a result the bodywork suffered.

I used to drive by the car a lot before I bought it and always said to myself 'what a waste of an awesome car' as it was just sitting there. After a very brief discussion with my dad which consisted of "I'm gan round to buy that car" I decided I would do just that and went to the house and made him an offer. Wee bit of haggling on my behalf then......it was mine.

The car had no tax or mot at the time as he had just declared it SORN at the beginning of the month so I arranged to get a full service and mot at my local toyota dealership.

I was happily informed it cruised through with Only 1 advisory and that was the rear tyres. Decent!

Anyways, the cosmetic side lets the car down. It's got some lacquer peel on the passenger door and spoiler. So my plan is to get the car resprayed.

Now the question Is what colour???

Stock silver, quicksilver or gunmetal?? Here's some pics of the car as it stands and showing the peeling.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by millar11 (see edit history)

After getting few bits and pieces off I then got her out to the body shop so I could strip her completely and let the magic happen! Ha.

Also had arranged for the windows to be removed.

Pics below show car pretty much stripped and initial rub down of car and panels.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Gaz.

Well once I hav it all back together I have a set of BC racing coilovers (bought off Rob Mitchell) and a tanabe touring medallion exhaust to go on. Also have Dunks old 17" UK spec wheels which are currently bein powder coated to go on.

Want to give it a good clean inside and lookin into dying carpet black but it's in pretty good condition with original mats.

• 4 weeks later...

Well iv been busy! When the car was in getting painted and I started trying to get hold of few bits and pieces along the way.

Firstly, I knew I wanted to drop the car so a set of coilovers were essential and when rob Mitchell advertised his BC racing bad boys they were mine.

image.jpg

I also wanted a set of UK spec wheels so I could get rid of my current veilside rims which. Had seen better days!

Managed to get a set from DNK which my mate collected for me. They were in a pretty bad way so took them to get shot blasted and they turned out like this. Well chuffed.

image.jpg

Also my facelift headlights I got from SPG have sneaked into that last pic. Ha.

Sunny I'm delighted mate. Really chuffed with the outcome. Still a lot of work to be done tho but definitely easier on the eye! Ye lights make such a difference to the front end. Cheers for hookin me up! Ha.

No problems mate, glad I could help and thanks for buying them :thumbs:, my wife took that cash straight off me lol

Out of interest how much roughly does it cost to respray a supra?

I think it really depends on which garage you go, and the level of respray (glass out, engine out etc.) you go for. Some garages will charge £1k whereas some places are looking for £6k without the engine bay sprayed.

Yeah I didn't do engine bay as that was goin to stretch my finances that wee bit too much.

Ha ha I bet she did sunny. Sounds familiar to me!!

Cheers westy. Tried to tidy the thread up a bit last nite as I haven't had much time recently. Will go more in depth as time goes by!