The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz sbc idiii boost controller help

Guest suprageek

Guest suprageek

I recently fitted one of these to my 1993 j spec tt bpu sup, I've seen old threads on here with various settings mentioned but none for a j spec bpu really, I've messed about with the set and gain till I'm blue in the face! I also have the power meter alongside, any help with settings etc would be appreciated!

Thanks dave

Hi Nic, yes read over and over it, tried some of the settings it seems no never boost over 0.76 I'm puzzled why!

That is roughly stock boost pressure. I assume you have all the other BPU mods, cats removed, restrictor ring, etc?

Guest suprageek

Yep there's a 1.1 bar restrictor ring decatted, No matter how much I change the settings the display says .76 or under even!

Guest suprageek

I have it set to the speed map, I have the 4 channels set like thisimage.jpg have it set on actuator, and it's on manual, delimiter is 7, peak boost 1.2 bar

Edited by suprageek (see edit history)

Guest suprageek

Havnt tried switching it off I'm beginning to think that it's faulty as I did buy it second hand

- - - Updated - - -

The car felt a lot better before it was fitted to be honest

If it was making 1bar before you installed the boost controller and it's only making .76bar now it's either been plumbed in wrong or you have a boost leak somewhere. Can you feel the 2nd turbo coming online as it is at the moment?

I'd remove the boost controller vacuum hoses and put them back to stock, then check again what boost it is making, if it makes 1bar then the EBC wasn't installed correctly, if it still only makes .76bar there's a boost leak somewhere.

Guest suprageek

Cheers nic was all plumbed in correctly, however the other little turbo vac pipe had popped off lol, all working good now to get out and test it properly :)

• 1 year later...
I have it set to the speed map, I have the 4 channels set like this[ATTACH=CONFIG]172349[/ATTACH] have it set on actuator, and it's on manual, delimiter is 7, peak boost 1.2 bar

What are your "Set" and "Gain" settings for each of the 4 channels?

I've only just found out about Speedmap and want to make use of it but at present I only have one channel that I use and the settings are Channel 1, Set 52, Gain 15.

What is the the point of speedmap? Why not just have the maximum power all the time?

Guest suprageek

Yea def worth using bud, means you can map each gear , I can't rem mine but took me a lot of driving g and adjusting to get it just right

• 4 weeks later...