The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BBC Radio - On-Air argument with Jeremy Clarkson

Gaz Walker

A couple of weeks ago on Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson drove a new Landrover Discovery up a hill in Scotland.

This is the radio interview on BBC Radio 2 from the other day (Tuesday) in which there was a 'slight' argument..........

Click on the link below, select TUE within the purple 'Listen Again' banner, then click the 15 mins button twice, you'll then have about 1-2 mins of an ending of a song - then it's the interview...........Enjoy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/

'I dont subscribe to Communisum'

:p

Really he he, we'd have never have guessed.

'I dont like seeing people in purple kagools trapsing past my house and spoiling my view'

:D

Ahhaaa its 'Up with the Clarkson'

it reminds me of that Alan Partridge sketch where he upsets loads of farmers and has an on air debate with The Farmers Union.

Good find Gaz he he.

:D

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

i cant seem to find out what to click, there is so much to click on. can you link it to what im suppsed to be on

thanks

Even an idiot can follow Gaz's instructions !!!!!!! Oh sorry its you Mark !!!:)

Dude:flame Dev

Death to the red sock brigade:p

Ramblers pi$$ me off, i hate it when im out on my bike pedaling away up a steep climb and all of a sudden there they are 40 feckin cagoule wearing morons with their red socks pulled up past their knees waving their bloody stupid ski poles around coming down the hill, and will they get out of the way? will they fcuk:mad: i end up having to stop and get out of their way and do i get a thank you? not a chance, instead i get some sly comment from a 70 year old moron along the lines of "they should ban mountain bikers, they are so inconsiderate!"

they make my blood boil:twak:

Sorry my socks are green and I enjoy walking in the mountains with the family.

It cuts both ways there are inconsiderate mountain bikers who come tearing down the footpaths in a state of semi-control and there are intolerant hikers, but in general I've always found that most of both groups just want to enjoy the countryside without the bigots from either side :)

i agree totally, i love walking around and climing mountains as much as i love mountain biking, and i hate it when you get some 15 year old numpty on a bike hurlting down a hill towards you with absoloutely no comprehension of the word control!

its just it seems that as soon as people join the Ramblers Association and get given the red socks they seem to turn into grumpy arrogant ar$eholes who only want to make other peoples lives a misery, put it this way i've never seen a rambler smile!

Originally posted by attilauk

i agree totally, i love walking around and climing mountains as much as i love mountain biking, and i hate it when you get some 15 year old numpty on a bike hurlting down a hill towards you with absoloutely no comprehension of the word control!

its just it seems that as soon as people join the Ramblers Association and get given the red socks they seem to turn into grumpy arrogant ar$eholes who only want to make other peoples lives a misery, put it this way i've never seen a rambler smile!

Couldn't agree more I enjoy walking too but don't think I've got the God forbidden right to claim rights of passage on private property.

Clarkson failed to close the argument by simply pointing out that 1 4x4 going up a mountain once in a blue moon is gonna cause less damage than 1000's of ramblers walking on it daily

Originally posted by attilauk

I never had such problems when I was biking, I think it was because we always rode in our little group.

1 x Santa Cruz Super8

2 x Intense M1's

1 x Mountain Cycle

4 bikes that weigh 60lbs a piece (easily) plus riders coming at you at 40mph. Ramblers just got out the way :devil:

Originally posted by emicen

I never had such problems when I was biking, I think it was because we always rode in our little group.

1 x Santa Cruz Super8

2 x Intense M1's

1 x Mountain Cycle

4 bikes that weigh 60lbs a piece (easily) plus riders coming at you at 40mph. Ramblers just got out the way :devil:

Bugger me, thems some nice bikes:cool: i can see that you would clear ramblers quite quickly :D

i considered an Intense M1 but decided i would like to ride back up the hills occasionally:p so i saved a fair chunk of money and bought a Marin B17 instead.

That was always the idea. Bikers should only go out in groups of three or four to avoid intimidating other countryside users, but ramblers? quite acceptable to go out in packs of twenty or more, oh yes.

Not only do all the users I mentioned have to stick to defined tracks to avoid damaging the land, but now ramblers have the bloody right to roam, what's that all about?. Clarkson shouldn't damage the fragile ecosystem but it's quite alright for ramblers to go thrashing through it en masse.

Most ramblers use the countryside to bury the bodies of murdered schoolchildren anyway.