The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pre face lift head light - silver plate

supra_ufo

I inherited some preface lifts to refurb from a member on here..They were already separated and all the bits were taken off which was very helpful however I am unsure where this metal piece fits, there ready to go back in the oven. I am sure its part of the side light but how does it go on? does anyone have any pictures of theirs? I have done a search but cant see pictures referencing where this goes... thanks

preface.jpg

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)

I only just took a pre facelift apart for my intake, I *think* it goes under the sidelight, but I'm not 100%, in fact, I'm probably wrong. :search:

I have tried various combinations do you know if it goes on the inner plastic (the part that people spray?) or the light case itself?

I honestly can't remember mate. I know exactly where the bit in the picture is in my garage too :banghead:

As it only has one bolt/screw hole, I'm pretty sure, once you find where it goes, it's pretty obvious.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

If you flip the metal part over 90 deg in the direction of the purple arrow on the attached pic, you should see that each of the metal tabs line up with a small hole. Put the tabs through the hole then bend them back (behind the lens insert) to hold the piece in position

photo%20(6).jpg

If you flip the metal part over 90 deg in the direction of the purple arrow on the attached pic, you should see that each of the metal tabs line up with a small hole. Put the tabs through the hole then bend them back (behind the lens insert) to hold the piece in position

[ATTACH=CONFIG]172344[/ATTACH]

I saw those tabs however the screw hole did not line up to the other end (the screws that screw down the side light reflector thing), tried both of them incase I had the sides wrong. Ill have another go and post some pictures of the other side.

Still no wiser :-(

You see the slim 'slit' on the plastic edge to the left of the sidelight in this picture, thats where the larger tab goes, them the two smaller ones go in the two small slits, the one between the ridge . In a facelift these cover a hole in the headlight. If you don't colour co-ordinate the panel and put it in you will have three holes in your headlight bezel.

I would of done this on photoshop and numbered the points and holes but I'm on my pokey iPhone.