The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 bay theme

Rob_Mitchell

Hey guys usually i just do what i like and some how do pull things off but im drawn between a few things on the V8 engine theme.

1) This is my main choice at the moment- Go for the old skool V8 beaten up made to look really old, eg- wooden dipped cam covers. Basically just give it the old look and in a stock bodied supra with fresh paint and modern twists under the bonnet made to look old, eg- wooden look.

2) done many times- the stealth look! carbon, dark greys and shadow chromes! easy clean powder coated bay items.

3) Gold rush V8, similar to mine but V8 with 24ct gold ect, not kean on the idea as mine is a one off and costs a fortune but still can look pretty awesome plus i do it myself.

What you think guys?

To be honest I think it will be very hard to come up with something that hasn't already done and making it work. I do like the idea of the Lego though I think if that was done right it would it would look good and get people wondering. But to do it right I think would be very hard.

Enginebomb (think stickerbomb)

Do every single part, down to the last nut and bolt using a different colour/finish/texture/effect. There's a whole spectrum of anodised colours, paint colours/finishes/effects, different plating types/effects, different materials used, textured finishes, water dipped effects (eg. photos, text, graphics.), wraps, hose types, wires, etc.

It would be a logistical nightmare and it'd need a lot of thought and planning how and where to best use each finish/colour/texture/effect, done well it could look stunning, done badly it'd look like dog sick.... :) (my dog was sick this morning and it's definitely not a good look!)

Nic you have lost the plot or been out in the sun too much :senile:

I think it must be time for the meds.... :jester:

Is the engine bay to promote your business or do you want it to just look good at shows? My suggestion was thinking of it as a promotional tool ie. here's the range of finishes, effects and work we can do. Something you could get sponsorship for ie. use a companies full range of braided hose colours and fittings.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

SRD BLACK. CRINCKLE PAINT EVERYTHING. With nice new st/st nuts and bolts :thumbs:

:yeahthat:

Pitch Black! The whole engine bay apart from some stainless pulley's etc as Clay mentioned.

I'd like it to look classy, give it a super car theme! :cool: