The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DO YOU paint your brakes?

Noz

I've always preferred a tidy clean looking car than bright in your face max power ready. Brakes needed a clean up (as were bright green; long story) so only have red paint to hand, I've done the fronts red.

The rears, are black. I much prefer this look, the black just gives a much cleaner feel.

Is this a common thing? Or have I suddenly joined the fiesta crew by having my calipers ferrari red?

I painted mine satin black in Hammerite and put the standard white and red Supra logo on the calipers. I was thinking a different colour, but I didn't think anything would look as good as black, especially behind the LMs :)

Mine are black but there standard, in black you can get away with hamerite but any other colour I think looks crap unless there actually painted.

One thing I do hate is the "supra" stickers people put on them, super cheesy!

To answer the question red brakes look lovely but only when there big calipers!

Do you guys completely remove all the brakes (dismantle) when your painting them or can they be done with just the wheel off and everything intact? I have been tempted to do this on mine but thought it would involve taking everything apart

I used a wire brush to get all the crap off, cleaned the calipers with thinners (or something, I can't remember. It could have been water!) then painted them in place :)