The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help , my supra has died in Newcastle

supra steveo

Sorry can't help, but just for info the facelift or pre-facelift 6spd TT diffs are different.

I believe I had a carbonetics 1.5 diff fitted and its a v-160 box fitted

Sorry to read this mate!!

Cheers Jon I would rather be feeling like I just had my arse handed to me by a civic lol looking on the bright side at least it never let go on the A1 on the way home

Hey guys I got a massive fear it's the V-160 box that's gone :( how can I confirm if it the diff or the box that has gone ? It seems the slapping noise is coming from the back of the gear box

If it were me, I'd jack the rear of the car up and rotate one of the wheels with the prop located, then unlocked, you should be able to hear better where it's coming from. Have a really good look at the propshaft too as one of the cushions may have failed in that too. Also check your driveshafts.

Very rare to go if it's the box... I'd be more inclined to say a prop or crown/pinion wheel problem, they are normally first points of failure on the big diff-6 setup

Shame you're not local, I have a spare prop, driveshafts and diff from an NA. Not ideal but it'd get you up and running for a bit.

It looks to me like it's got a knock on each rotation of the prop so it doesn't rule out either... Is the prop and all the rubber cushions still intact? No missing bolts of anything? If you leave it out of gear and rotate one of the wheels with the other locked up, can you feel the knock though the wheel?

Do you still have my number Steve? Feel free to give me a call and I can talk you though some checks