The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well that was interesting WTF!! OMG!!

WaLKeRR

The supra was due to go in for a strip down this week, but due to family issues i missed that and its due to go in next week, so stupidly i took the car out to go for a meal, on the way home i left the petrol station gave a bit of beans changed gear, and it was like my exhaust fell off looked behind debris everywhere!!, i pulled over asap, opened bonnet the fan belt tensioner completely sheerd off the engine!, back of the crank pulley gone, where the timing marks are, dinted all the water pump pulley, ruined the belt so yeh eventfull evening, only outcome i see is the engine was being stripped down next week anyways, but this tensioner looks like its not ment to be removed at all?, and if thats the case a new engine, which would cost roughly the same maybe less than replacing all the parts for new... anyone sheer any light on this situation thanks guys!

ahh okay, so the tensioner does undo, it seems like its sheerd off completely! and its the rear of the crank pulley, the crankpulley its self is still on the vehicle must have been the pulley hitting on the way past! lots of bangs and debris!

i know me n my gf were like holy f*ck what was that! she went for the debris il upload pictures soon worth a giggle, well either way its gunna be fixed either a new engine to be put in or if its fixable and the tensioner didnt take some of the block, il fix it up with everything new, because cylinder one is leaking oil so either rings or stem seals worth a supra strip down eh :)

Crank pulley failed on me a few years ago with the same consequences, I was doing about 50mph at the time, made one hell of a mess and scared the s**t out of me. Replaced it, the tensioner and the belt. Cost about £250 with genuine Toyota parts, jobs a good un.