The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a good buy?

Wingnut

It's defo had paint on the drivers side rear wing and rear bumper although, show me a car that hasn't.

It's a 93 not a 2003 which is when I imagine it was imported as opposed to made. Is there any evidence to show the mileage is correct?

H.

Oh which ones that, if you don't mine me asking? TT auto I assume?

The one I bought is virtually stock, albeit a mines ecu that I only found yesterday!

Auto tt in red, with black leather. It's got an aftermarket exhaust but haven't figured out what it is yet, and it looks as though the first cat is still place, with a no. 2 decat pipe. Also has UK spec brake upgrade

Should've perhaps considered that one a bit harder, as it looks like it's already got bpu mods!

Never mind, I wouldn't have been happy with silver long term :rolleyes:

The one I bought is virtually stock, albeit a mines ecu that I only found yesterday!

Auto tt in red, with black leather. It's got an aftermarket exhaust but haven't figured out what it is yet, and it looks as though the first cat is still place, with a no. 2 decat pipe. Also has UK spec brake upgrade

Should've perhaps considered that one a bit harder, as it looks like it's already got bpu mods!

Never mind, I wouldn't have been happy with silver long term :rolleyes:

Sounds nice dude :) oh well, 1st decat pipes aren't particularly hard to get hold of, hope to see you down at the bluewater meet, always a good turnout and a number of people from Essex, including myself, biebs, Chris Bailey and Jcbt attend pretty much every month, would be good to see a new face down as well :)

It's a 20 year old car and impossible to tell from an advert. I would give it a thorough check over with someone who knows Supras, it may have been well looked after over the years, it may have been serviced regularly, parts replaced when needed, etc. or it could be a very tired old girl still running around on the factory fitted suspension, radiator, intercooler, etc. etc. which could cost you the value of the car again to put right.

It'd be worth paying a competent mechanic to get it on a lift and given a once over, 30 minutes labour cost would tell you one way or another if it's worth it or a money pit. You could even pay to get it MOT'd, that should show up any issues, eg. the yellowed headlight should be an MOT failure.

Sometimes it's worth spending a slight premium on a good one, rather than buying cheap and then having your wallet raped to put it right.

It's a 20 year old car and impossible to tell from an advert. I would give it a thorough check over with someone who knows Supras, it may have been well looked after over the years, it may have been serviced regularly, parts replaced when needed, etc. or it could be a very tired old girl still running around on the factory fitted suspension, radiator, intercooler, etc. etc. which could cost you the value of the car again to put right.

It'd be worth paying a competent mechanic to get it on a lift and given a once over, 30 minutes labour cost would tell you one way or another if it's worth it or a money pit. You could even pay to get it MOT'd, that should show up any issues, eg. the yellowed headlight should be an MOT failure.

Sometimes it's worth spending a slight premium on a good one, rather than buying cheap and then having your wallet raped to put it right.

I couldn't agree more.