The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just got pulled over, advice needed please

Suprakeith

Hi got pulled over on a1 with avage speed of 101 over 2miles, he said condition were good and wasnt dangerous at all so thats one good thing. He said i wont get ban but unsure of how many points. So just asking how many points do people reckon will get please?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officer said over 100 isnt a ban these days and he said i wasnt dangerous and conditions were good and also checked car and said car and tyres in top condition so got few things in my favour. I am hoping for just 6 points and fine. As dont want insuranse to jump up to much.

Sounds like a close call. Always thought over 100 was always instant ban.

I always thought this was the case, but only when your in your first two years of driving ? But I could be wrong.

The fact that he put the speed as 101mph is also making me think the above.....

I guess that heavily depends on the officer too. Probably could have banned you on that if he was having a bad day. Got a goodun. Lucky though, 6 points wouldn't be too bad, wonder how much the fine would be.

I guess that heavily depends on the officer too. Probably could have banned you on that if he was having a bad day. Got a goodun. Lucky though, 6 points wouldn't be too bad, wonder how much the fine would be.

:yeahthat:

As for the insurance, I think mines probably gone up by about £300 maybe with 3 points. Best thing to do is check on insurance comparison website with the code you got and enter all your other details and see how much of a difference the insurance would be.

My experience of this was, I attended the magistrates court and plead my (genuine) case of a new job in the sticks ie difficult for public transport. I got 6 pts (I think that's the max you'd get) and a fine. Worst thing for me was I (as will you) had to attend the court near the offence (Loughborough) which was a massive pita and a days holiday lost.

You don't have to attend but I wanted to try and avoid the short ban I might otherwise have got. Points is better than a ban in my experience insurance wise and it didn't make a significant difference having 6 pts but I was 25 plus at the time.

I have been caught speeding at more than 100 mph on the motorway. Is a ban automatic?

Although the Police attempt to resolve most offences by way of a Fixed Penalty Notice, at excessive speeds, a Court appearance is inevitable. For speeds in excess of 100 mph (or more than 30 miles above the relevant limit) the punishment starts at disqualification as opposed to penalty points. However, the decision is at the discretion of the Court and in certain circumstances, a disqualification can be avoided.

http://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingban/speedingoffences/drivingbanspeedingoffences.htm

Guest John1jz

A couple of years ago I got caught doing 104mph in a 70. The officer said as the speed wasn't excessive for the type of car and road conditions I would get a fixed penalty fine of £60 and 3points which is what happened. I know of someone else who also got a fixed penalty for over 100mph on a motorway.