The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm Back!!!

Alex

I'm Back!

Well it's been a long wait but I've only gone and bought another Supra!

And IMO it's a bit special too! R-reg 1998 6-Spd VVTi Facelift in Royal Sapphire.

The ex-owner was/is on one of the other BBS's and when I saw his eBay auction I knew I could bid with relative safety (I would never buy a car off of eBay without knowing more about the seller). It's got 72,000 on the clock and seems to be well screwed together, not like my last one! lol

First of all can I thank Jake, for not bidding against me any more, he saved me a lot of wedge, that I hope to pour into the car.

Secondly, Soop Dogg (Brian) and his wife Angie. They got her home, basically I got half way home and she started to over heat. I was stuck and hadn't yet got any breakdown cover. They rushed out to me and brought water (and a warm car I could sit in!) It turned out to not be the radiator as I had feared. It was the cap, it was broken and pumping water out of the rad :eek: Brian and Angie rushed from home to me on the Norfolk/Suffolk Border at late o'clock, Brian re-filled the rad (it was bone dry) and Angie poured me a cup of tea to help me warm up. We carried on home, she made it without further hiccups. Brian and Angie are true stars and I can't thank them enough!! And thank god it was only the rad cap!

Additional Thanks; Ian C for the spare Rad cap! My Brother-in-law Steve for driving me to the far side of Cambridge to get her, and then hauling back the spare bonnet and front bumper. And thanks to her old owner, I did get quite a bargain in the end :)

So the car itself, well she's lightly modded at the moment;

Whifbitz Nose

Whifbitz TRD Bonnet (not fitted at present)

Blitz Spec-S Intercooler (76mm deep so a GReddy 2-row or HKS Type-S equivalent)

Blitz DSBC-R

Blitz Nur-Spec Exhaust and apparently 1 cat has been removed (I have a CW pipe for the 1st cat in the boot!)

Blitz SUS Intake (metal mesh one)

HKS SQV BOV

18" Kosei Wheels (in need of a referb)

UK Brakes! - Yay!

S6 Snooper

Tinted Windows

6" Infinity Reference Speakers in the front (no idea about the rears)

Sigma M30 Alarm

Samco Radiator Top Hose

Stuff that' in the boot and not fitted!

GReddy Catch Can

TRD IK24's (Sparkplugs)

CW 1st Decat Pipe

Samco Radiator Bottom Hose

Snooper Radar Detector bolt on for the Snooper S6

2x Walbro Pumps

Obvious stuff she needs

Sideskirts and rear spats

To have the other stuff fitted lol

Problem with the fly-by-wire throttle needs sorting (it seems to decide that there is no spoon which requires a restart to sort :eek: )

All the fluids are to be changed next weekend, Engine Oil, Gearbox Oil ( :eek: V160 oil is expensive), Diff Oil,. The brake fluid will wait till my UK Brakes in the brake buy come in I'd already ordered them through CJ and so I'll fit them and sell the older ones (PM me if you want them!). The coolant will be changed tomorrow, as it's mainly just normal water and that's no good at all!

Initial thoughts on VVTi?? Hmmm haven't revved her into the VVTi band yet, but I'm already convinced she's faster than my old girl even before the boost goes up to 1.2bar! :D And the facelift interior! oh it's so much nicer...and I got leather front seats in an RZ!! The traction control is also "better" not good but better. It's still too happy to cut in, but it switches off much faster and doesn't scare the crap out of you like the prefacelift version.

Having had a bit of a shed before and then a long time out I've now gone to Supra heaven :D we'll see what I can bolt onto her to make her even better though ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/gallery/Members/albums/Ricos-Album/smSupra.sized.jpg

http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/gallery/Members/albums/Ricos-Album/FMIC.sized.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

Please wait while I edit this...it's gone mad by being copy and pasted for some reason out of word.. :(

Not pissed again then Alex !!!!:D

Sounds a nice car , did you get her for a bargain price dude ???

Dude:flame Dev

Right sorted that out! Don't know why it went mental...I tried cutting and pasting from Notepad too and it wouldn't have it!

Yes Dude she was a bargain...the owner needed a quick sale :) For the first time in my life I was in the right place at the right time! ;)

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

First of all can I thank Jake, for not bidding against me any more, he saved me a lot of wedge, that I hope to pour into the car.

:) No probs mate. Just as well I recognized you're username and PM'd you, other wise we'd have just driven the price up.

Originally posted by dude

did you get her for a bargain price dude ???

Did he ever.

Welcome back Alex.

Nice car! Doesn't seem to be any marks on it either when you see it in the flesh.

Although, I have to say, I think you still have a thing for the colour of your old car, cos this one's closer to being brown at the moment! lol!!

Get it bl00dy washed, it's a nice colour!!

:D :D

He got got it for 11,200 - Just a hundred quid higher than I bid for it in the morning.

Link to ebay

Really did fancy that car. :(

Sadly I didn't have a connection at close of bid or I'd have gone up.

Out of interest - what were you willing to go up to Alex?

Please feel free to tell me about any other faults to make me feel better about missing out on it! :D

It had HPI issues too...which were putting me off...had to wait 48hrs for the HPI company to come back with...

"Oh sorry the warning doesn't apply anymore" FFS!

The car was imported the year it was built, it has had 5 owners...and it's had a plate change. So the fact it came to this country as a really expensive brand new car and it had had 5 other owners and a plate change makes it an automatic for a warning according the HPI website...now it's not worth so much and has it's original no. plate it's not worthy of a warning. The warning itself isn't anything bad it's just saying take care.